What did I do to my ankle?

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 09:50 am
So about 6 months ago I hurt my ankle. It hurt really bad but I never saw a docter or anything. I just used my crutches for a little while then walked on it again. After about a month the pain went away. For about 2 months it stopped but would occasionally start when a ran too much. In the last week all of a sudden it it hurting pretty bad again. When I walk or run the impact hurts but I can bare it. After I do exercise it hurts even when I am sitting down and it swells up. I wear an ankle brace to take the pressure off of it but it doesn't help much. My mom thinks I should get an x-Ray but I don't want to be stuck on crutches. So we made a deal if it doesn't stop hurting in 3 weeks I will get one. Any ideas would be highly appreciated!

Here is the link to the picture of where it hurts:
http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Cgirl_lovee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsf797f811.jpg.html?filters[user]=141793419&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Ragman

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 09:56 am
@Cgirl lover,
If it were me, I'd have my parents make me an appointment with a doctor.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 02:23 pm
@Cgirl lover,
Cgirl lover wrote:

..... My mom thinks I should get an x-Ray but I don't want to be stuck on crutches. So we made a deal if it doesn't stop hurting in 3 weeks I will get one. Any ideas would be highly appreciated!

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Cgirl_lovee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsf797f811.jpg.html?filters[user]=141793419&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Here's an idea: see a doctor and stop screwing around with your health. And while you're there, ask what happens when broken bones don't heal right. Ask about the fun that is re-breaking a previously broken bone.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 10:06 pm
@jespah,
You have to see a doctor and definitely need an X-ray. It sounds like you've broken a metatarsal near the joint. It's a waste of time to wait and 'hope' it suddenly repairs itself. Let me put it this way, right now it's an easy fix, minimum pain maybe just the right type of wrap or brace. The longer you wait, the more difficult the medical treatment will be. Go now before you cause permanent nerve or joint damage.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 06:45 am
@Cgirl lover,
What thoughts any of us non-medical people think is totally irrelevant. The longer you wait to have your ankle treated by a medical professional, the worse it'll get. Furthermore, you might be doing permanent damage that can't be rehabbed.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 02:15 pm
@Cgirl lover,
Cgirl lover wrote:

So about 6 months ago I hurt my ankle. It hurt really bad but I never saw a docter or anything. I just used my crutches for a little while then walked on it again. After about a month the pain went away. For about 2 months it stopped but would occasionally start when a ran too much. In the last week all of a sudden it it hurting pretty bad again. When I walk or run the impact hurts but I can bare it. After I do exercise it hurts even when I am sitting down and it swells up. I wear an ankle brace to take the pressure off of it but it doesn't help much. My mom thinks I should get an x-Ray but I don't want to be stuck on crutches. So we made a deal if it doesn't stop hurting in 3 weeks I will get one. Any ideas would be highly appreciated!

If worse comes to worse, you can always have an operation to sever your nerves, with no feelings at all, you would have to be extra careful
0 Replies