Account locked - no ID?

MrC

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 04:35 am
Hi everyone,

I just joined this site not having come across it before, but I searched for forums where I could ask about Facebook and this came up.
I'm sure my question will be repetitive - if so, sorry for frustration - but I couldn't really find it.
My account was locked - the only reason I can think of because I was sending messages to different people (who I requested as friends, they are family members) and maybe Facebook thought I was a spammer or something?
I understand this is something they have to deal with.
However, their instructions really didn't help me. I need to include 2 forms of ID - which I simply and honestly do not have.

This link tells me what to do - https://www.facebook.com/help/303144586449165

What interests me is this:
"In most cases, the easiest way to verify your identity is to follow the on-screen steps to enter your mobile phone number and request a code."

I infer from this that there is an alternative to sending in ID, and this is to get a code sent to your mobile, which you could then use to prove you're "real". I am more than happy - but most importantly, able - to do this. Just not sure how?

I would really appreciate some advice. What makes it really frustrating at the moment is that I am getting emails from Facebook with notifications (presumably replies and friendship accepts) but I cannot access them! So these people will feel like I am ignoring them.

If I can send for a mobile code, that's perfect, so... sorry for this longish message but wanted to get all the facts right. If there is anything I've left out please ask, and I'll answer. My knowledge on this sort of things is beginner.

Thanks for reading - your expertise is much appreciated - in advance.
Kind regards
Mr C
Australia

jespah

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 05:59 am
@MrC,
https://www.facebook.com/help/mobile-basic/124895950923762

If you're unsure of how to use your phone, neither we nor Facebook can really help you with that. I'd recommend trying where you purchased the phone or the phone plan if the tech (hardware) aspect of it isn't familiar to you.
mark noble

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 10:00 am
@MrC,
CLOSE & DELETE YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT NOW!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 03:25 pm
I have NEVER heard of FB asking for phone numbers.

This is a scam.

0 Replies

MrC

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 05:03 pm
@jespah,
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, I guess I wasn't clear. The main problem is that I cannot even sign in, as my account is blocked. The only thing I can do is to send in two types of ID, which I don't have. I went to the help site and saw that they said you could get a mobile verification code, but no instructions on how to do this. Because I can't sign in to Facebook, it seems impossible.
Thanks again.
MrC

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 05:12 pm
@MrC,
@everyone

Thanks for your replies. I don't think this is a scam as the links are directly from Facebook after I try to log-in. I really want to log-in again to see the replies I have received.

When you have to give IDs, an option is "I have no ID" you can go here - https://www.facebook.com/help/www/222255034476101?rdrhc

It says clearly "you can always try mobile verification again"

Again?? I never had this option before, and don't seem to have it now. I have no idea what it is, but it does seem to be my only option.

Any suggestions on what mobile verification is and how to do it (remembering I can't log-in to my account at all?!) I would really appreciate!!

Thanks again all.
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 10:21 pm
How do I verify my account?

After you log in, you can verify your account by adding a mobile number to it. Enter your mobile number, starting with the country code (ex: 1 for US numbers). We'll send you a confirmation code as a text message (SMS). Enter this code into the space provided to verify your account.

You can also do this from your mobile settings.

Keep in mind that you can only use your mobile phone number to verify one account. In addition, if you signed up with your phone number and confirmed it, your account is already verified.
If you just signed up and need to confirm your account, learn how to confirm your email address or phone number. If you're looking for info about authentic profiles and Pages, check out verified profiles and Pages.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 07:04 am
@MrC,
Don't get hung up on the word 'again'. Facebook is dealing with over a billion users, so writing directions which include or don't include one word is somewhere way down on the list of things they need to fix.
0 Replies