Finding a case in Nevada with limited information

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 12:32 am
I am trying to find a case that was decided in the Nevada Supreme Court between 2008 and possibily 2014. I have a partial page of the case but I have no case number or name. Part of the words in this case are as follows “appellant asserted that a claim involving double jeopardy is a jurisdictional claim and jurisdictional claims can be raised at any time” I have attempted to find this on Google scholar and I get nine hits but none of them are from the Nevada Supreme Court. I have checked the Nevada Supreme Courts site but could find no way to access this case with the limited information I have. Any suggestions. Thank you Ron
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 529 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 12:37 am
@ozmentra,
I would try different portions of quoted text, with Nevada and/or other relevant words entered separately.

"Blah blah blah" Nevada etc etc
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 05:56 am
@ozmentra,
Unfortunately what you've got is a rather generic statement quoted. I'm with Lordy; try to search under other word combinations, anything that is fairly long and complex. Recognize that during the earlier part of that time period, Nevada might have been scanning in paper texts rather than creating everything initially digitally, so there may be documents online that are either not searchable or the optical character recognition was incorrect and so you get near-misses (e. g. bum for turn - don't laugh; I saw this in a scholarly paper a few weeks ago).

If you can get the name of any of the attorneys involved in the case, you can also try finding them and asking if they remember anything as a lot of lawyers appear in front of very high state courts but it's just a one-time thing. But if they don't recall fairly immediately, and they need to search, they might want to charge you for their time.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 07:28 am
@ozmentra,
Is this the page you were referring to?

http://68.178.255.125/ftp/nevadajudiciary.us/TXT/60781.txt
0 Replies

modification01

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 01:00 am
Try to get gold of the lawyers who represented. If they remember - well and good otherwise you gave to shell off some money..
0 Replies