Chinese Triads

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 04:43 pm
i need as much info as i can get on the current activites of the chinese triads basically wat they r like how violent etc as i've got a mate who's been asked to help sumone out in a sticky situation involving the triads. i'd like to thank you for reading and hope someone can help me out soon.
p.s i have till wednesday to get as much info as possible!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,801 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 04:47 pm
We had a thread on that very subject recently:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/about22031.html

By the way, Welcome to A2K! Very Happy
0 Replies

suffolkandy

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 04:59 pm
thanx
thanx for that helped a bit but wat i really need is any info on wat they r like currently not so much the history but current activities r they still very dangerous wat r the chances of my mate getting attacked by them etc if they help this person out.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 06:25 pm
The Triads, like any modern organized crime organization, are extremely dangerous. Murder and intimidation are used to protect their territory. Extortion, especially the Protection Racket, along with gambling, prostitution and drugs are common activities. Some are reportedly involved in human smuggling and slavery. Typically, the Triads operate within the Chinese community, but may have branched out in the last decade, or so. These are serious people, and one shouldn't trifle with them. Better yet avoid any dealings with them you can.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:33 am
are they called triads cos they hang around in threes? or is it just a name?
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 01:36 am
I think triad = symbol for heaven, earth, and man
triad= symbol for heaven, earth, and man.

Sorry, new here: thought the subject line showed up too... Embarrassed
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 01:40 am
The name "triad" = Chinese character for "secret society".
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 01:46 am
Two triades - known as 14K and Wo Shing Wo - have ruled London's Chinatown for decades.

[Not forgetting the other criminal gangs there:

- Yardies: with their origins in Jamaica, these gangs first came to prominence in Britain in the Eighties. There are now about half a dozen Yardie gangs in London.
- Albanian Mafia: in recent years Albanian crime gangs have wrested control of much of the capital's prostitution trade. The Met has also warned that East European gangs are muscling in on the crack cocaine industry, sparking fears of armed turf wars with Yardies.
- Turkish gangs: armed police have been deployed in north London after an explosion of gun crime and violence involving rival Turkish gangs. In the last three months of 2003 there were three murders, five kidnaps and 27 reported cases of extortion linked to Turkish organised crime.
- Tamils: Sri Lankan Tamils are among the newest breed of gangland killers in the capital - 10 people have been murdered in the past three years, victims of the Red Gang and the East Side Boys. ]
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 04:33 pm
thanks guys Smile
im glad i dont live in london Shocked
sounds like so many friendly people live there Wink

oh and not forgetting the greatest criminal gang in london is the one currently led by tony blair
there hq is a big palace with a massive clock next to it Wink
and the largest criminal gang i hear they call 'the met' there hq is a place called new scotland yard Laughing
0 Replies

orionrobots

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:57 pm
The GetAway
Wow - this sounds like a character list for sony's game The GetAway.
Seriously - Ihave lived in London for 6 years, had no trouble but a few close shaves. I have lived in Wood Green where there have been shootings(drive by, and in a nightclub). I was also stood up once in the infamous Thai Square (by Trafalgar Square) - only then working out that it was time to leave quickly - very quickly indeed. London is safe enough if you are streetwise...

Walter Hinteler wrote:
Two triades - known as 14K and Wo Shing Wo - have ruled London's Chinatown for decades.
0 Replies