cute/fluffy ideas for a few chapters of my story?

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 11:28 pm
My main character adopted four kids and is usually a good mother but in the last few chapters she's been a bit aloof toward them due to stress and other factors.

What are some cute/fluffy family moments that I can put in there to show that she actually still loves the kids?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,938 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 11:34 pm
@spacesword16,
Take them and their puppy to the vet for - oh, something not medically important that they had been worried about. I mean, four kids, there's bound to be a puppy in there somewhere. If not a puppy, maybe a kitten could have a birthday party or adoption party. That's it! An adoption party and everybody could get all weepy about animals getting adopted, too.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 07:03 am
@spacesword16,
When you're a writer, it's all well and good to ask for help. But this is beginning to get into the realm of asking people to write your story for you.

Consider the observational part of being a writer. Watch people! What do they do? How do they act? What do they say? One thing about being a writer is, going outside and into the great, big, wide world. Even teenagers can go out into the world; it can be perfectly safe to do so. You're writing about a family. What do families do together? Where do they go? Go and watch!
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 03:57 pm
Perhaps she went to the mechanic shop to fix the car and took her all day and even late at night because she went shopping on her way back home..., but when the son returning from school (or first job) he received the gift that he has desired for long time, a gift the mother ordered online to arrive exactly for his birthday... She was not "present" all day long but her present made the son to be happy as hell...

In other words, perhaps she won't be demonstrating love in person due to her stress and things to do, but her children were on her mind all the time and she was showing her love to them in a different way... always taking care of them somehow, always having something to remind them that she is with them... on their side...
0 Replies