pleez awnser i need help on my hw!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 6,288 • Replies: 13
No top replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 03:12 pm
Of course they should be able to play on boys sports teams, if you think they shouldn't then I believe you have alot more worse issues to deal with. Times are changing buddy, get over it!!!!
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 03:17 pm
Depends on the nature of the sport, too. Body contact could be a big problem for high school hormones. Golf, tennis, no problem. Baseball- sure, why not? Wrestling- probably not a good idea.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 03:18 pm
If a girl can pass whatever criteria the boys meet.

No 'special criteria'. Same for fire fighters, police, military...
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 05:15 pm
first of all I think much more interesting question is: why do you, unlucky, open topic after topic after topic with same question? it's third at least. do you know to find topics you opened before?

second - it has NOTHING to do with times changing, "boys teams" and "girls teams" are there because sport is not politics, economy or any other area where female should and must have equal chances and opportunities.
if you are planning to make unisex sports teams then you will have one female athlete for 1,000 male athletes.
Marion Jones is top class athlete and she deserves all atention she gets, but if it would be society without "boys teams", and therefore "boys competitions", Marion Jones would not be in Top 1000 runners. This is NOT my or anyone opinion, this is pure statistical fact - she rans 10,8 at best on 100 meters - male records in probably every country in the world are better and in USA alone are probably hundreds of males faster then her.

So, sport is one of categories where it's perfectly normal to have male and female competitions. I like to watch WNBA but worst NBA team would destroy best WNBA teams with 40-50 points margin without putting too much effort. So, what do you think would unisex sport bring for females?

Yeah, those few that would be able to compete would be maybe happy that they play in Flames, Indians or Mavericks...but as I said, you would have 1 female athlete on 1000 male athletes, and this is probably also very optimistic guess.

If you are looking at it strictly in schools then it's again tricky. I think girls should be allowed to play in "boys" teams in those sports that don't have girl teams in this particular school or college. If there is female basketball team I don't see any reason why girl should play in male team. Because then only fair thing is to allowed those boys that really like basketball but are not good enough for male team to try in female team. And next thing is you will have 40 male basketball players and 2 female players in school.

This is the part where Sophia is, in my opinion, "wrong". Because for fire-fighters, police and military you have to reach certain level. In sports it's different. Track & field team (unisex team, cause times, oh, they're changing - hopefully not) will NOT have limit of 11,0 seconds on 100 meters to enter team, but the best 10, 20 or 50 will enter team. And of those 50, all 50 or 49 will be boys. Because they are simply faster then girls. And that has nothing to do with times changing.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 05:20 pm
myownusername

Let me guess....your a male!!!! I think you have a very abstract opinion!! But hey, your entitled to it.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 05:29 pm
and you are entitled to yours, although I would like it much more if you elaborate with what you disagree and provide some arguments.
It has nothing to do with me being male - it has to do with pure facts.
I am pretty much sport fanatic and I would rather watch female volleyball because it's very nice sport, while male volleyball today is too fast and too explosive.
So if I have to spend evening in sports hall in my town watching volleyball I would choose female game. But that still has nothing to do with fact that male volleyball team would demolish female volleyball team.

As I said - results show everything.
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/oltfrec.shtml
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 05:33 pm
Of course you'd rather watch a female vollyball team over a male game. Tits, ass, and sports, don't get much better then that!!
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 05:41 pm
Just few world records:

100 meters
9.84 Donovan Bailey, Canada
10.62 Florence Griffith Joyner, USA

200 meters
19.32 Michael Johnson, USA
21.34 Florence Griffith Joyner, USA

400 meters
43.49 Michael Johnson USA
48.25 Marie-Jose Perec, France

High Jump
7'10'' Charles Austin, USA
6'9'' Stefka Kostadinova, Bulgaria

Pole Vault
19'5'' Jean Galfione, France
15'1'' Stacy Dragila, USA

Long Jump
29'2'' Bob Beamon, USA
24'3'' Jackie Joyner-Kersee, USA

Javelin
295'10'' Jan Zelezny, Czech Republic
226'1'' Trine Hattestad, Norway

You see it has nothing to do with "battle of sexes". I am for equality on all basis - but in sports equality is possible ONLY if there will be male and female competitions. Because there are simply differences. Between all those records - meaning, between best male result and best female result are hundreds and hundreds of males (edit: e.g. legendary Flo-Jo would probably enter some poorer male track&field team, Stacy Dragila would be out after first practice - remember, we are talking about world record holders). So, unisex sport would do only bad things for women.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 05:43 pm
stand up for pessimism wrote:
Of course you'd rather watch a female vollyball team over a male game. Tits, ass, and sports, don't get much better then that!!

no, I was talking from sport aspect. Tits, ass and sports are in female basketball game also, but I would always choose male game.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 05:50 pm
Ok, i'm not tryin to be a b****, so sorry if i sound like one!! I can understand where you're coming from with alot of the olympic sports and such, but basketball, vollyball, hockey, etc, a woman can be just as good as any man. I know a woman who plays on a mens hockey team and she kicks ass, they treat her just as they would treat any other player in the game. They don't say "ohh you're a woman, you won't benefit this team", instead they are very proud to have her as a team mate. She plays just as good if not better then alot of the guys on the team. If women wanna play then let them play!!!
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 06:01 pm
of course there are women that can play good in male competition. but there are really not many of them. that's problem with "unisex sports" - it would be much more guys in it.
And I also said that I would allow girls and women to play in "male" teams in every sport where there is no adequate female competition.
But I really don't see point in letting best WNBA player playing for Spurs even if she is capable. Because then every guy that is good basketball player but not good enough for NBA can ask: well, why can't I be professional in WNBA then? And then you would have situation that you would have 99% of males in both leagues.

Of course, here is money issue as well if someone chooses sport as his or her career. And I think that in most sports top class men and top class women should be payed equally or at least close to it (because, fair or not, there are much more sponsors in male sports, so owners are capable to pay more). But, difference, if any, should not be big.

Btw, I said "most sports" because I am not so sure about tennis (they had some debates recently about it). Simply, it's not same effort. Guys play basketball, girls play basketball - same thing. Guy runs marathon, girl runs marathon - doesn't matter that he is quicker, they both ran 42 kilometers.
But in tennis, well...Andy Roddick plays seven games of at least 3 HOURS each to win seven games in BEST OF FIVE sets and to win US Open, Serena Williams plays 40 MINUTES to win in BEST OF THREE sets.

And, no, you haven't sounded like a b**** Wink
0 Replies

unluckystar

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 06:52 pm
KIRSTYN!!! STOP POSTING REPEATS OF THIS TOPIC!! I AM CHANGIN MY PASSWORD!! jeez!

ya to everyone else SORRY that i have three topics up my friend kirstyn went on my account and was only supposed to post one......GRR
0 Replies

realistic

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 10:01 am
girls on boys sports team
R u serious or caught up in the hype?! Is it now okay for girls beating up on boys in the name of competition? If boys are not suppose to hit girls for whatever reason, then the same should apply for women regardless if the boy can physically handle it or not. Psychologically the boy will be confused cause he never had any kind of combative contact with a female. The positive i see from this is evolution. Girls show that they can do it. That's fine! Nothing wrong with someone giving an opportunity. The negative is evolution. Evolution that will go on in the boys mind. The boys growing up will be more aware of girls doing what they do and may begin bring that same mentality against the next boy toward a girl. Sure it's bad enough that there's bone heads on both sex sides that want to see this go down, but for the majority of the normal society, girls can battle girls and boys will continue to battle boys so they can grow up and continue to protect their families includeing wife and children cause that the power nature gave him. It not suppose to be used to set some " BOLDLY STUPID " crazy girl straight or to be minimized so girls can do whatever they want regardless of who get hurt cause Title IX in soo many ways say F*** boys " Do what they do and beat them at it! " regardless if girls bodies are lighter, flexible, and more prone to physical injury cause they body can't get that hard like a boy. So yes girls on boys teams is crazy. EVOLUTION IS BEING FORCED THE WRONG WAY!
0 Replies