Personal Discovery (Managing yourself & your Priorities)

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:13 am
Hi All,

I've been going through a class entitled Managing Multiple Priorities and I wanted to share it with you. This class (for me) was absolutely amazing. I've never been really big on the whole "self help" area in the bookstore (nothing's WRONG with me lol) however, this class was awesome and it really hit home for me.

In it we discussed how to bring your priorities into focus in your personal life as well as in your professional life, on the job. We talked about listing your personal values and evaluating your lifestyle for where your real values fit in. Are you living your life according to the things you value or according to things that those around you value?

In Discovering these things, we learned to write mission and vision statements for our personal lives and even timed accomplishments or written down life plans for our personal lives based on values. Is it really important for you to go to the Aztec ruins before you expire? This should be somewhere in the plan for you life - it's of value to you.

If you've ever heard of Franklin Covey you know they've got great self-planning tools. Here you'll find a Personal Mission Building Exercise. It's excellent. The best one is the "mission kickstart" excercise. it will REALLY open your eyes and make you look at things most important to you versus things you think are most important to you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,332 • Replies: 0
No top replies