SEO Mod - Keywords in URL String?

993ti

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 06:38 pm
Protesto, can you post your htaccess here?
0 Replies

Tintin74

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 05:07 am
Hello everybody,

does anyone could post a valid keywords url rewrite mod to add to the Craven phpBB Search Engine Optimization mod?

Thank you in advance

Stefano
0 Replies

Zeo

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 02:36 pm
wow!
finally after a few tweak got it working smoothly on index viewforum and viewtopic.
now to edit more so that it work with pagination and goto page.

thanks
0 Replies

drewrich

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 08:01 am
Hello

Has there been any possibility to add include metatags along with the url rewrite? I am also having difficulty with craven's mod in regards to the static html. My forum has a forum within a forum and it seems to be only applied to the last forum. I am trying to get this to work from top level down. Anyone have any luck with this??? Any ideas and/or suggestions would greatly be apprecitated!!!
0 Replies

hony

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 03:16 am
This is a great idea, I was thinking I wanted to do keywords in URLs myself and hunted around for a suitable mod -- found the webmedic version but as I'm already a happy user of Craven's SEO mod I didn't want to abandon that, particularly as it is more complete.

I got the basic idea from the example code earlier in this thread but have not yet tried it -- it will take some tweaking I think, what's been posted so far is not a complete working set it seems. Besides I may want to take it to another level like -- forum/about123/forum-title/subject-converted-into-keywords.html.

And some limiting would be good to avoid very very long urls if the subject title is say 10 words or more. That looks spammy to me and I can imagine a SE may one day decide that's spammy.

Just the first few words would be good, maybe excluding obvious stop words as well like "the".
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 05:50 pm
This will be a component of a future version of my mod.
0 Replies

mwonders

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 10:35 pm
my site is a success because of your mod Craven.

you will definately hit more gold when you do this keywords addition component to a future version of your mod.

i was going to install this keywords mod but thought i would ultimately wait on you too release your own one o master of mod coding/seo expert Laughing

can you give us all an indication on when a future version is scheduled?

also..what about our already indexed pages with the current latest mod?

what will happen when you do that keywords component?
0 Replies

elephantspike

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 02:54 pm
I am using Aphrodite as my default template. When I tried to install the MOD at the begining of this thread, I had to try to improvise where this should go:

Code:OPEN index_body.tpl

FIND
<a href="{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}

After, ADD
{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_URL_KEYWORDS}

The closest thing in aphrodite's index_body.tpl is this:

Code:<td class="row1h{catrow.forumrow.XS_NEW} row-forum" width="70%" onclick="window.location.href='{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}'"><a class="forumlink{catrow.forumrow.XS_NEW}" href="{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}">
{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_NAME}</a> <br />

So I put it here:

Code:<td class="row1h{catrow.forumrow.XS_NEW} row-forum" width="70%" onclick="window.location.href='{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}'"><a class="forumlink{catrow.forumrow.XS_NEW}" href="{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}">

{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_URL_KEYWORDS}

{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_NAME}</a> <br />

But I ended up not with keyword string file names added to urls, but with keyword string file names added to the forum's title i.e.-Travel Forum travel-forum.html.

The urls did change, but not to include keywords. They were like this:

....mydomain.com/forum/post1993.html#445684

Any idea how I might impement this with the aphrodite template?
0 Replies

mrcolj

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:51 pm
Is this topic still live? Meaning, should this be where I'm going for information on putting keywords into my mod_rewrite on phpBB, or has this been totally separated officially or totally integrated into the seo mod? I'm just not sure if this meandering post is the current place to view the evolution of this mod...
0 Replies