Why hasn't the "Blackstone Dad" been charged?

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 05:56 pm
Have you been reading the news about Erika Murray (aka The Blackstone Mom) and her house of horrors?

She's being (rightfully) charged with a laundry list of crimes.

Meanwhile, her husband, who lived in the same house, has only been charged with growing marijuana.

I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for this but I can't find it.

Can anyone fill me in?

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,335 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 06:43 pm
@boomerang,
Only thing that makes sense to me is that the prosecution doesn't feel it has a good enough case (yet) to bring before a judge. Probably working on securing more evidence.
boomerang

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 06:58 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I don't get why if they have enough to charge the mom they don't have enough to charge the dad.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 07:07 pm
The man from the basement is the Mother's boyfriend, not husband.

Yes, it's true that he's been charged with drug possession and growing of pot in the basement.

He is the father of the two oldest children, ages 10 and 13 years. He has stated that he knew nothing about the other two live kids or the numerous dead babies scattered about the house.

DNA tests are being performed on the live kids as well as all of the dead babies.

I'm of the opinion that the male didn't even live in the house and merely used it for sex and the pot growing. Remember, the house lacked running water, heat and electricity. Imagine that house in a cold January or in a hot August.

Also, the male had a full time job at Staples. Thus he had to have a place for showers, and his clean clothes. He may have a wife or girl friend living nearby.

Besides the 10 and 13 year old children, there is the 3 year child and the 6 month old baby. As far as I can tell based on newspaper and TV reports, no one has identified the 6 month old child as a male or a female.

The 3 year girl can't talk or walk and is in extreme pain, whenever anyone tries to touch her. She is the child, who was found sitting in the middle of the mattress, in a huge pile of feces, which was so large and so deep that the mattress was sinking under it's weight.

The mother of the children in addition to abuse and neglect, has been charged with a crime ( I still don't know what it is!) associated with disposal of an unborn fetus ( baby) born out of wedlock. Whether she aborted the babies or they were all stillborn is unknown. The cleanup team found at least one fetal skeleton attached to a dried up umbilical cord somewhere in the feces saturated house.

The woman has also been charged with animal abuse and cruelty ( starving and maltreatment) of several dogs .

Remember the 13 and10 year kids went to school until very recently. They apparently never discussed their living conditions, at the school, with any adults.
0 Replies