Guest Posts still allowed after SEO Mod

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 08:40 pm
I just uncovered a problem with my forum after implementing the SEO mod. Before the mod, my configuration was setup to allow guest posts without registration. Before I installed the mod, I changed this to "user" so people have to verify their email.

Now that I've implemented the mod, everything is working great - the URL's are even being rewritten to HTML for guests. The only problem is that guests are still allowed to make a post. I checked my configuration again, and it still says "user". Do you know of any reason why this would happen? Thanks!

Shaun
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,541 • Replies: 3
No top replies

strum4life

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:11 pm
I installed the SEO mod on another forum and I don't have this problem. Perhaps it's a problem with PHPBB switching between registration levels after guest posts have already been made.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 01:47 am
It shouldn't be an issue with switching after guest posts have been made.

Try eliminating your cookie and testing it again (after checking your settings).

Unless there is a code error I'm not sure what to tell ya, as you note the mod and phpbb do, in fact, function correctly.

Incidentally guests who allow cookies can still post with the mod installed, only guests with blocked cookies can't because the session ID in the URL is removed.
0 Replies

strum4life

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:57 am
Solved
I figured out the problem. I changed the registration level to "user", but the forum permissions were left unchanged. Each one of the forums had permissions set to allow guests to post. Doh!
0 Replies