"Day After Tomorrow" Next Politically Hot Film

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 10:23 am
That's okay, farmerman, as I've also duplicated posts by mistake.

Another viewpoint on the movie:

Destroying the world in order to save it
'Day After Tomorrow' rips up cities with care, says director

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- When the real world is filled with war, desperation and terror, "The Day After Tomorrow" could have turned out like a barbecue in the middle of a forest fire.

But director Roland Emmerich, whose disaster movie wipes out Earth's northern hemisphere, describes his weather-run-amok story as chaos with a conscience. Unchecked pollution will cause havoc with Earth's natural balance, he says, so ordinary people need to start being more responsible.

"It says to be a little more concerned about what we're doing to our environment, to think about tomorrow," Emmerich said, adding with a smile: "And the day after."

Link to balance of article:

CNN ARTICLE ON DAY AFTER TOMORROW
0 Replies

AmericanEagleJRL

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 04:55 pm
I couldn't believe, as I sat in the theater, what a blatant slam on the Bush environmental policy this movie was. The actors playing the President and Vice President were dead ringers for Bush and Cheney.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 10:44 pm
This film isn't out in Canada yet, so i'll reserve judgment; but i saw a film tonight, that immediately made me think of you Lwiz.

It's a documentary called "Rivers and Tides" about the artwork of Andrew Goldsworthy, a Scotish 'sculptor' who works in the natural environment, creating art that attempts to reflect, blend with, or compliment the setting in which he creates it. It was truly fascinating, and i thought i would pass that along (in a public place so others may also take the suggestion).

a must see, if you haven't already!

[the name "Rivers and Tides" is, of course, the connection to this thread Embarrassed ]
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:47 am
Of course, the movie is an imaginary worst case scenerio which is extremely unlikely but not impossible. Just like a comet or astroid hitting the Earth. The debate is weather (sic) or not we are our own worst enemy when it comes to the environment.
0 Replies