Finally a revelation! How to change?

Angel23

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 11:04 am
I have 2 deep seeded desires: first, I like to know every details possible about ppl's personal lives. Idk y, but I collect facts and feelings on those even when ppl don't volunteer that info. Like someone I barely knew said they have to start a 2nd job 15 minutes after their shift at first job ended for the day and she is tired as hell. I asked her where else she worked. Sometimes when ppl do volunteer info, I would tell that detail to a 3rd person in front of original person. Also, I google ppl although I don't tell them that.

2nd, I am overly eager to make friends with everyone. If someone so much said hi to me, I would get overly excited and hyper and talk a lot. Ppl could then tell that I am trying aggressively to get close to them and they back off. I treat everyone like BFF, even those I barely knew. That's when I also screw around. For instance, I do the pee pee dance at work recently on the salesfloor. Ppl actually laugh at my jokes and then prolly complain about it. I just like being funny I guess.

I wait for ppl during lunch break and then follow them to lunch. I been invited to join them a few times, but I join ppl at lunch even when not invited. Thing is, when I was more calm and kept low profile, ppl treated me normal. Yet, I couldn't achieve that anymore bc the underlying desire for friendship and to fixate on ppl's personal lives is there. To others, human relationship is merely important. To me, it is to die for. How to change?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 904 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 12:46 pm
@Angel23,
How to change?

Reread the many years worth of posts you've written and the advice and suggestions given back to you at your request.

There isnt anything new to add. You keep repeating the same cycle of behavior and don't seem to want to change your behavior. The only things you've changed are your screen names here and your jobs.

What advice and suggestions would you give if it were someone else posting about trying to change their behavior?
Angel23

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 04:51 pm
@Butrflynet,
I had these 2 deep seeded desires my whole life. Hence, the incident with Liz at McD's and Jaclyn at school. I don't pay ppl to like me ne more but I throw myself on them more subtly. Yesterday, someone was assigned to work another part of the store. I told a coworker and my supervisor that we should all work close together. I didn't used to know why I currently do the things I do.

Also, fixating on details of ppl's personal lives was my interest. That's why I ask about them a lot and even google them. Ppl ask questions bc they share common ground. I ask questions just to be nosy and know "everything about everyone."

Idk, I used to fixate on other topics. I started fixating on other ppl in high school and never stopped since.

When I first started at my current job almost 3 years ago, I was worse when it came to extreme need for friendship. I talked incessantly about partying (and in general) and asked everyone about their partying experience (or lack of.)

I crack inappropriate jokes. I always told myself I would stop and now I know why I never did. Ppl laughed and otherwise reacted positively. I had interaction. Just last week, when someone dumped her samples in the trash, I joked about eating out of the trash is it's clean enough. A coworker joked back. And I also once jokingly asked an asst mgr to take me with him on his business trip. Things like that.

I just wanna remove my extreme need for friendship and for getting into other ppl's business. Then everything will fall into place (like at Goodys when I only came to work to work.)
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:46 pm
You certainly are "other focused."

You don't mention anything about your hobbies or things you like to do - except live thru other people. Perhaps developing yourself would be a good start. Art, music, sports, exercise - anything where you concentrate on something besides what other people are doing.
Angel23

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:50 pm
@PUNKEY,
That would def be a good start lol.
0 Replies