7

Can I attach a propane tank to my lawn mower instead of using gasoline?

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:14 am
Is there an adapter kit on the market, or should I just run it through a garden hose and then drag the hose behind me? I think I can get the connections tight, doing it via hose route. Plus, I could run it off a bigger tank. My wife told me I should consult an expert before I do something as risky as this, but I feel I am about to revolutionize the entire do it yourself industry. Please give advice on how to make it work. Thanks in advance.

timur

2  
Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:34 am
@edgarblythe,
Well, it's quite possible and feasible if you are a good handyman.

Check out these links:

how it works

conversion kits

parados

1  
Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 06:58 am
@edgarblythe,
It might be safer if you just put the propane tank from your grill in a back pack. You will look way cooler than this guy.

http://www.fresh-group.com/showpic.php?pic=imagestore/back-pac-vac3.jpg&txt=4

Lordyaswas

1  
Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:36 am
And if you only want to give the lawn a light trim, try mixing a bit of helium in so it semi floats.

parados

1  
Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:42 am
Add a couple of these nifty little propane torches to your lawnmower and you can tenderize the grass before you cut it. But make sure your lawn is well watered before using it.

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/390130/390130,1290344994,1/stock-photo-roofing-felt-installation-with-heating-and-melting-roll-of-bitumen-roll-by-torch-on-flame-65556733.jpg

As an added bonus you can now use your lawnmower to remove the snow from your driveway in winter making it useful year round.