Are you a Luddite?

Wilso

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 11:33 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 01:59 pm
Setanta

Craven is correct (as usual! Evil or Very Mad ) about the DOS prompt. It's sitting right there under accessories, minding it's own business.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:21 pm
This is vaguely ironic, but how did a forum on Luddites become a how-to discussion of computer technology? King Ludd must be rolling in his grave!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:29 pm
Since he likely would not have been subject to embalming and burial in an airtight coffin, there's probably not a whole lot of King Ludd left to roll!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:33 pm
Metaphorically speaking, of course. And in more ways than one, since there's no evidence that an actual Ned Ludd ever existed!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:36 pm
Say it ain't s'artagnan, D'artagnan!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:47 pm
Alas, I think it is so, patiodog. I read a book on the subject not too long ago, Rebels Against the Future, by Kirkpatrick Sale. The Luddites existed, for sure, just no evidence of an actual Ned Ludd.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:52 pm
Hmmm. Followers of a king of dubious authenticity. I am reluctant to make comparisons...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:53 pm
Kind of reminds one of some major religions, doesn't it?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:54 pm
He said it! Not me!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:58 pm
Not that I mean to imply, of course, any of the major belief systems any of us believes in... Embarrassed
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 05:00 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . . .

ROTFFLMFAO . . .

You is just high-larious, PD . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 05:06 pm
Gotcha, D'art. (Funny.) You with your avatar -- you couldn't mean too much, could you?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 05:16 pm
Indeed not, patiodog, not too much at all....
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:18 pm
Hihihi...
I will have happy thoughts for the rest of the night now... What a hilarious thread this is!

Don't go too hard on old poor Lot now guys...
There you are, minding your own business, probably trying not to get sodomized when your not watching (seemed to be quite the sport in Sodom and Gomorra). Suddenly when you sit down by the gate (not stand but sit : so they couldn't sodomize him) you get 2 angels for a visit.
Now I don't know about you, but I'd be a teensy weensy bit flabbergasted if 2 angels suddenly came to look me up. Then, when he's home all the men of Sodom come to his door so they can have some time alone with the two new strangers... And here Lot knew they were sodomizers, since they were interested in the males... Now I reckon Lot has a tough choice : offering the 2 angels up to be sodomized or offering his daughters up to be... what? It seemed that the people in Sodom weren't really that interested in women anyways, since Lot says that they had not know any men yet. Still, apparently the men were very active sexually, since they ALL gather to get their hands on 2 newly arrived strangers... And Lot had lived there for some time allready... I would therefore say that either the 2 strangers were incredibly handsome and the poor girls were very ugly(but this is nowhere stated), or the males in Sodom were just not interested in female companionship...
Enough about Lot though,

I am amazed to find there are more people here that share my aversion to cellular phones. Everyone around me thinks I'm a nut, since everyone has one. But not me though! Still, I worked with computers, I studied Computerscience for a while(but I never finished it, that's a plus on the Luddite scale I guess), I guess I don't qualify as a Luddite... yet.
Naj
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:31 pm
If the males of Sodom were just not interestin in female companionship, why were there so many Sodomites?!?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 11:32 pm
Maybe the Sodomites were into an early version of cloning, in which case they wouldn't be Luddites. Speaking of which, are the Raelians perhaps the least Luddite folks around? I think they may be...
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 05:13 am
Perhaps a VERY large number of immigrations and emigrations...
In come the sodomites, out go the non-sodomites...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 10:37 am
In come the tight ends, out go the wide receivers.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 10:55 am
hehehehe Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies