A Tale of Two Nine-year-olds

blatham

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 07:35 pm
Yeehaw! Liberty!

"28,000 – the number of children and teens shot and killed in the US between 2002 and 2012. According to ABC News, that means that 13 kids died at home for every soldier killed on the battlefield in Afghanistan during that period." http://bit.ly/1vXt21Y

In Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Britain, France, and so many other nations where there is no liberty, too many children and teens are still coming home to their families and that just isn't right. Let freedom ring!
oralloy

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 09:18 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
oralloy wrote:
First, on the political power level, you don't get to pass any federal gun legislation without people like me first agreeing to let you do it.

Nah. If that were the case, there wouldn't be such variation in gun control legislation state to state. Like California, New York, Penn, etc etc

Notice I said federal gun legislation. I do not claim power over state legislatures.

It is our desire, however, that the Supreme Court begin imposing the Constitution on wayward states and overturning many of their gun laws.

This will likely happen after 2016, when several justices on the left retire and a Republican president picks their replacements. It is ironic that Mr. Obama's gun control overreach is what ultimately put total victory within our grasp.

blatham wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Second, on the scholarship level, the fact that I am completely correct in every respect makes my views pretty central to any discussion of what the Constitution actually means.

Nah. How the federal constitution is read or interpreted via the SC is determined by the makeup of that body, past and present and future.

They are the people who have the power to enforce the Constitution. That they have such power does not mean that I am incorrect about the meaning of the Constitution.

blatham wrote:
If the document was as complete and unambiguous as you suggest then all SC justices would concur at all times and that's not even true as regards Scalia and Thomas or Roberts and Alito.

Unfortunately that is incorrect. Many judges and justices either do not understand what the Constitution says, or do not care what the Constitution says.

blatham wrote:
Farmerman is right.

No he isn't. He is impugning the mind of someone who is a thousand times smarter than he is, and is doing so out of spite because he is frustrated at being unable to violate people's civil rights.

blatham wrote:
You have a zest or a need for the simple. Indeed, the simplest. It's not healthy though it might feel nice.

Not really. However I do refuse to overcomplicate things that are simple to begin with.

blatham wrote:
But I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you are simply trolling.

No. I don't troll. If I am ever wrong about something, I posted it in good faith and made an honest mistake.

But it is highly unlikely that I am wrong about anything relating to this subject. If you really want to give me the benefit of the doubt, stop and consider the possibility that everything I am saying is actually 100% correct.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 09:18 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
"28,000 – the number of children and teens shot and killed in the US between 2002 and 2012. According to ABC News, that means that 13 kids died at home for every soldier killed on the battlefield in Afghanistan during that period." http://bit.ly/1vXt21Y

Murder is unfortunate. But they would be just as dead if they'd been murdered with knives.

blatham wrote:
In Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Britain, France, and so many other nations where there is no liberty, too many children and teens are still coming home to their families and that just isn't right. Let freedom ring!

Presumably the "liberty" thing is an assumption that all of these countries are lacking in guns. That is untrue. Some of them have quite a few guns in private hands.

Switzerland is a good example. Currently in Switzerland people can get a semi-auto shotgun or semi-auto rifle to defend their home simply by passing a background check. If they are happy with a bolt action rifle or a double-barrel shotgun they don't even need the background check.

And this is a recent situation in Switzerland. It wasn't too long ago that people there could freely buy machineguns, and there was no breakdown in the social order.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 09:36 pm
I am more impressed that that same 9 YO would almost certainly be thrown out of school for pointing a finger at someone and saying " BANG BANG".
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 09:51 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
But it is highly unlikely that I am wrong about anything relating to this subject. If you really want to give me the benefit of the doubt, stop and consider the possibility that everything I am saying is actually 100% correct.

Swell idea. We're all on board with you now. Trust me - at the 100% level.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 10:05 pm
Lets take the guns out so that we can avoid the tedious gun arguments shall we:

Quote:
According to Williamson, the local Woodville Baptist Church sends a van to his neighborhood twice a week to offer free transportation to those interested in attending services. Williamson’s children ride the van regularly on Wednesdays and Sundays. This morning was no different, as his eight-year-old son Justin and siblings said goodbye to their father and left their house to board the van.

One problem: Justin skipped church and went to play instead.

The young boy stayed in the neighborhood to play with friends and then later ended up at the local Family Dollar store down the road. After police officers were called to the store by a customer who recognized Justin, they took him back to his neighborhood where they proceeded to arrest his father for child endangerment.

Williamson recounted his interaction with the police officer, stating, “The next thing you know, he comes up to me and he says, ‘You’re under arrest.’ My kids start crying their eyes out wondering why I’m getting arrested.”

To make matters worse, as a result of local news coverage of the event,Williamson was fired from his job and remained unemployed for a period of time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/07/14/and-now-the-criminalization-of-parenthood/

The state is demanding that we treat children as helpless charges, which means that they dont get the chance to accept responsibility which is a necessary part of raising adults. The massive failure to prioritize in this culture today is striking, and it is a critical flaw.

More info

Quote:
Blanchester Police Chief Scott Reinbolt told the Journal. “Asked if he watched the children board the bus, Williamson said he had not.”

Jeffrey is scheduled to appear before the Clinton County Municipal Court on July 10 for a first-degree misdemeanor charge of child endangerment, which could land him in jail for up to six months.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/30/dad-arrested-son-skips-church_n_5544661.html

For comparison when I was 8 in 1970 I could ride my bike one mile to the Eagle Supermarket , including crossing the very busy two lane Alpine Road.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 10:42 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Swell idea. We're all on board with you now. Trust me - at the 100% level.

I suppose blind trust in me is preferable to blind disbelief. But mind who you blindly trust. Not everyone is as honorable and competent as I am.

I'm not actually asking for blind trust however. If you have any questions about the meaning of the Constitution, I'll be happy to explain and justify my position.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 01:20 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

"28,000 – the number of children and teens shot and killed in the US between 2002 and 2012. According to ABC News, that means that 13 kids died at home for every soldier killed on the battlefield in Afghanistan during that period."

Now you've done it, Oralboy will be jerking off for a week thinking about that statistic.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 01:57 am
@izzythepush,
Apparently the trigger fingers are not only with the gang bangers:

Quote:
Since 9/11, about 5,000 Americans have been killed by U.S. police officers, which is almost equivalent to the number of U.S. soldiers who have been killed in the line of duty in Iraq.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/us-police-murdered-5000-innocent-civilians-since-911/172029/
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 03:06 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Now you've done it, Oralboy will be jerking off for a week thinking about that statistic.

He's acting. It's not significant or troubling.
NSFW (view)
blatham

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 10:10 am
@oralloy,
I was working hard to give you the benefit of the doubt on the presumption you were merely trolling. I thought it not possible anyone might confuse "fact" and "opinion" in the manner you seem to, or be so deluded on the inerrancy of those opinions. But you stepped way over a line with point 1. So I won't be reading you any longer.
oralloy

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 10:32 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
I was working hard to give you the benefit of the doubt on the presumption you were merely trolling.

You have already been advised that I am not trolling.

blatham wrote:
I thought it not possible anyone might confuse "fact" and "opinion" in the manner you seem to,

I am not confusing fact and opinion. And you cannot point out any place where I have done so.

blatham wrote:
or be so deluded on the inerrancy of those opinions.

I note your failure to point out a single fact that I am wrong about.

blatham wrote:
But you stepped way over a line with point 1.

I accuse you, blatham, of hypocrisy.

If you have any objection to me engaging in justified retaliation when people engage in unprovoked name-calling against me, you should at a minimum object just as strenuously to the unprovoked name-calling that I am retaliating against.

blatham wrote:
So I won't be reading you any longer.

That will be an improvement over the false accusations and hypocrisy that you are currently serving.

It would have been nice if you'd actually been interested in discussing facts and logic. But I suppose even a small improvement is still an improvement.

Onward to 2016 and total victory.

--------

Incidentally, not related to this thread, but on another thread I mourned Australia's loss of freedom, and then the thread got deleted out from under me just as I was trying to correct my catastrophic misspelling of mourn.

Just in case the thread gets restored long after I can edit my post, I'd like to put on record that I do know how to spell the word. Embarrassed
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 11:02 am
@blatham,
See, he truly is repulsive.

Here's a fact for you. On the Amada Knox thread he said all Italian babies should be killed and turned into dog food. On a thread about Northern Ireland, (something he clearly does not understand,) he started talking about one side killing babies.

He clearly has a thing about killing babies, and my opinion is that when he writes the repulsive garbage about my kids, (repulsive garbage that I don't read) he is projecting his own perverted desires.

The considered opinion of a great deal of people on A2K, based on what he has written here and on other forums, is that he is a middle aged virgin who still lives with his parents.
blatham

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 02:24 pm
@izzythepush,
He's off my screen now so I'll just leave it like that and proceed with my traditional style of teasing Australians and sharing totally made up recipes.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 02:38 pm
@oralloy,
reported

(and waiting for subsequent posts of mine around the board to be thumbed-down)
ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 03:09 pm
@ehBeth,
I've had a thumb down day. Izzyfriend has connected our down thumbs to this source.

I first had contretemps with him about bombs, at least ten years ago. I'm probably unusually strongly antibomb and I've creds on that. He's been on ignore as long as there has been an ignore, for me, but I have peeked once or twice, and once was on my Amanda Knox thread.

Full vomit scenario.

The good news is that Blatham and Izzy are chatting. I don't know how much you know each other but I regard you both well.
oralloy

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 03:30 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
He's off my screen now so I'll just leave it like that and proceed with my traditional style of teasing Australians and sharing totally made up recipes.

Don't forget your hypocrisy, lack of ethics, and all-around dishonesty.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 03:31 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
reported

Then I accuse you, ehBeth, of hypocrisy as well.

It is highly unethical of you to have no problem with unprovoked name-calling directed at me, but at the same time have a strong objection to my justified retaliation against that unprovoked name-calling.

ehBeth wrote:
(and waiting for subsequent posts of mine around the board to be thumbed-down)

You think I'd vote down all your posts because of your hypocrisy and lack of ethics???

Nah. I'd only vote one of your posts down if that particular post was particularly egregious for some reason. And to tell you the truth, I can't imagine you making many posts that I'd be inclined to vote down.

Then again, I was surprised to see your unethical hypocrisy here, so who knows. But unless you start making a bunch of really horrendous posts, don't look to me if they've been voted down.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 03:33 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Izzyfriend

Yuck. Scum of a feather and all that I guess.

ossobuco wrote:
I first had contretemps with him about bombs, at least ten years ago. I'm probably unusually strongly antibomb and I've creds on that. He's been on ignore as long as there has been an ignore, for me,

That would be the thread where you spouted retarded gibberish about A-bomb workings and tried to pretend that it was valid physics, and I busted you as a scientific fraud.

ossobuco wrote:
but I have peeked once or twice, and once was on my Amanda Knox thread.
Full vomit scenario.

That would be the thread where you deliberately tried to whitewash brutal atrocities against innocent people, proving yourself to be one of the more evil scumbags on the face of the planet.

ossobuco wrote:
The good news is that Blatham and Izzy are chatting.

A pedophile chatting with a dishonorable hypocrite. Sounds like a conversation to miss.
0 Replies