What if no religions are correct, but there still is a God?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 10:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
If you quote that idiot I'm going to vote you down.

I do not want go see it.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 11:30 am
@izzythepush,
So good to see you guys cannibalizing each other.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 11:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
What other thoughts you want me to contribute?

I could also talk about how the ancient Indians (not Native Americans) had nukes. Or how the Egyptian pyramids are way older than people say.

One of the consequences of questioning accepted "fact" is that you have... different ideas.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 11:53 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

If you quote that idiot I'm going to vote you down.

I do not want go see it.

If you have a problem with me quoting anyone...deal with it as you will.

As far as voting a post of mine down...I pay as much attention to up or down votes as I do to a fart in a driving wind.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 11:54 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

So good to see you guys cannibalizing each other.

No cannibalizing going on, Bulma. Just discussions.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 11:55 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

What other thoughts you want me to contribute?

I could also talk about how the ancient Indians (not Native Americans) had nukes. Or how the Egyptian pyramids are way older than people say.

One of the consequences of questioning accepted "fact" is that you have... different ideas.

Damn near everything you "contribute", Bulma...makes me laugh. Laughter is good for a person...especially an old fart like me.

Keep it coming.

Wink
glitterbag

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 12:01 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
You don't have different ideas, you are just remarkably desperate for attention. I have no idea at all how some people become so needy they imagine outrageous scenarios then congratulate themselves for their own UNIQUE ability to to reign supreme over all the other smarty pants intellectuals out there who need to be defeated because their intellect doesn't comprehend your particular brand of 'brilliance'.

I think you really need to see more naked bodies and read some more books. In the future you might not want to proclaim victory over the fact that someone else knows the name Jesus and you 'win' something because you forced them to say it. Just that alone identifies you as a 'censored' 'censored' sort of 'censored' who desperately needs attention which makes you a 'censored' pathetic glory seeker.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 01:44 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
You're despicable and just yanking chains. You are a monumental waste of time.

Too bad there's nothing in your head to be injured by a rush of blood.

Absolutely a total waste of DNA.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 01:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
He's just a garden variety jerk. That last post of his shows he's just trolling.
0 Replies

Theo202

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 05:06 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
Regardless, the Muslims believe the sun sets into a pool at night.

The verse describes what Dhul-qarnain saw, it's not saying that this is what actually happens. The Quran advocates the use of reason, which isn't a good sign for those who believe that the earth is flat, since the sun can't even set on a flat earth.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 06:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yay! I might just.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 07:33 pm
@glitterbag,
Reading books is meaningless if you don't have the ability to form your own opinions. For the record, I hang on less to the opinions of the likes of Stephen Hawking or even Albert Einstein (although I've read books on relativity), just because other people call them "brilliant" nor astronomers than I read science fiction and fantasy. But this doesn't mean that I haven't read those things as textbooks. I just realized in adulthood that some of these should actually be in the same category of fiction.

Yes, things like magnetism, friction, inertia, and the like definitely work. Others are given as "laws" with no proof. Where's your proof of gravity? Uhhhhh duhhhh things fall down? Is that the only explanation?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/816868397836926996/970494440361848922/Buoyancy.png
Are you sure?

We know that heavier objects still float at lower depths of the ocean. So why is it a stretch that this same principle isn't working in reverse? Why do we need to call it "gravity"?

That you read a science textbook, and you read this...
https://scholarworks.uark.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1002&context=oer
(See Chapter 10)
Quote:

10.1 The inverse-square law
Up to this point, all I have told you about gravity is that, near the surface of the Earth, the gravitational force exerted by the Earth on an object of mass m is F G = mg. This is, indeed, a pretty good approximation, but it does not really tell you anything about what the gravitational force is where other objects or distances are involved. The first comprehensive theory of gravity, formulated by Isaac Newton in the late 17th century, postulates that any two “particles” with masses m1 and m2 will exert an attractive force (a “pull”) on each other, whose magnitude is proportional to the product of the masses, and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them. Mathematically, we write (This didn't show up well, cuz it was a fraction) Here, r12 is just the magnitude of the position vector of particle 2 relative to particle 1 (so r12 is, indeed, the distance between the two particles), and G is a constant, known as “Newton’s constant” or the gravitational constant, which at the time of Newton still had not been determined experimentally. You can see from Eq. (10.1) that G is simply the magnitude, in newtons, of the attractive force between two 1-kg masses a distance of 1 m apart. This turns out to have the ridiculously small value G = 6.674×10−11 N m2/kg2 (or, as is more commonly written, m3kg−1s−2). It was first measured by Henry Cavendish in 1798, in what was, without a doubt, an experimental tour de force for that time (more on that later, but you may peek at the “Advanced Topics” section of next chapter if you are curious already). As you can see, gravity as a force between any two ordinary objects is absolutely insignificant, and it takes the mass of a planet to make it into something you can feel.

It goes on for several pages, but I yawned. As a schoolkid, I believed this without question, as an adult... I immediately focus on the tiny amount of force exerted by gravity, how it can be overcome by jetplanes of multiple tons, and the curious layered nature of "gravity." I have had dreams of flying, and I am convinced that one day I will be able to fly simply by swimming upward.

Don't try to stop me!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ub1xTpUee8
glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 May, 2022 10:23 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Well Geeez, I didn't know you had a cartoon of wisdom and self assurance.....that would have stopped me cold. Everyone knows they are defeated when they are confronted by a cartoon. Good luck in the future when you can use your finely tuned verbiage out around other people. One piece of advice however, don't look at their faces because their faces might signify alarm or dismay. But of course, that's because you are so imaginative and deep, mere mortals are defeated (or amused), doesn't matter.....genius should never have to reside under a pickle barrel.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 24 May, 2022 09:19 am
@glitterbag,
Hahahaha, you don't like my awesome drawings?

I'll have you know that I was a C student in my 6th grade art class.

The point is, these (shitty) drawings are based on what we already know about the layers of atmosphere, and the layers of ocean and underground. Aside from the flat earth thing, this is identical to the less shitty drawings of Earth's rock layers...
https://www.worldatlas.com/upload/0f/ae/ca/earth-s-four-layers.png
(as you can see, rock tapers off into a molten liquid area, followed by solid mass again, sorta a yummy lava sandwich)
Earth's water layers...
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a8/b4/2d/a8b42db3d498b05aee351f20ef525910.jpg
and Earth's atmosphere...
https://www.wisdommaterials.com/download/Enjoy/InterestingTopics/EarthsatmosphereLayers.jpg

These too are "cartoons" as you put them, but you believe them because people in snazzy costumes tell you they are scientists and you should believe what they say.

What these scientist will tell you though, is that the deeper in the ocean, the higher the pressure, and the heavier you need to be, both to stand up to the intense pressure of the water and to sink to such depths. Likewise, the air gets thinner as you climb mountains. You get decompression sickness, both from emerging too fast from underwater and from climbing a mountain like Everest too quickly. It's a pressure change affecting the body. In other words, there is NO difference between ascent in water and ascent in air. Pressure, not gravity, is what determines whether objects fall or float.

0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 26 May, 2022 02:33 pm
What if all religions are correct, but there is no God. Then you're talking about metaphor, the language of all religion.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 26 May, 2022 07:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Just wondering why it is evident that all the other celestial bodies that we can see are spheres...yet they still maintain that the Earth is the only pancake flat thing going. Just wondering.

So you do have a 'BELIEF', such as you 'BELIEVE that the earth is a sphere, unless of course you are only taking a wild guess that it is a sphere, despite all the evidence to prove the fact that it is a sphere.
M0rgan

Reply Fri 27 May, 2022 04:27 am
@neologist,
That would mean that the people are Theist by their own volition.
Many people are believers and do not see that God needs any intermediary .

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 27 May, 2022 08:08 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
Just wondering why it is evident that all the other celestial bodies that we can see are spheres...yet they still maintain that the Earth is the only pancake flat thing going. Just wondering.

So you do have a 'BELIEF', such as you 'BELIEVE that the earth is a sphere, unless of course you are only taking a wild guess that it is a sphere, despite all the evidence to prove the fact that it is a sphere.

No, I do not have any "beliefs."

The Earth is a sphere. If someone wants to suppose otherwise...that is their prerogative.

I'm not sure what you are attempting here, but I enjoy a good laugh.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Fri 27 May, 2022 01:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
He's trying to accuse you of being a flat Earther.

Classic guilt-by-association.

You argue with me, so we agree.
Quote:
Of course we agree. We both acknowledge that Jesus DID NOT CONDEMN SLAVERY.

See? We agree that there is a flat Earth.

glitterbag

Reply Fri 27 May, 2022 02:02 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Great, then everything is resolved..............(now I just have to stay quiet and walk away)
0 Replies