I really wonder why people take 'science' so seriously.

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 03:45 am
Let's face it. 'science' is mostly balloney, bullocks and shite and a lot of 'fields' like physics have huge, huge holes in their theories. If you look up close it is nearly impossible to take 'science' seriously, with their fancy , but lying, magazines like Nature, Science, Scientific Americain and so on and so forth.
Do the people maybe take it soo seriously because it looks so seriously?
And, it ('science'} is of course extremely over-advertised, so that could be another reason.
Furthermore, it looks like a religion with a lot of dogma's, so that way of course some souls are bought into 'science' as well.
But maybe there are more reasons.

mark noble

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 10:48 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Science provides us with a heap of abilities, technologies and insights into how nature operates - You can take it or leave it, but your ability to initiate this thread on this site, to utilise the energy through your electricity inlet, to observe the data via your monitor, etc - all thanks to science.
You are clearly attempting to incite a response from someone who gives a toss - But noone will bite - We simply take science for granted nowadays. It's not exactly a faith-based religion with a fundamental militant order (Dawkin excluded), is it?
I only responded because I'm bored - Only on this site because I'm bored - And it was a choice between this bollux or a 'Noddy' thread.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 12:23 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
We simply take science for granted nowadays.

Exactly the problem!
mark noble

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 12:25 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Why is it a problem?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 01:29 pm
@mark noble,
We take something for granted while it is on so many fronts not true.
That is the problem.
We are being lied to and we take it all, hook....
parados

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 01:51 pm
Don't be concerned if you take the following for granite .....

http://www.granitecountertopsdetroit.org/uploads/1/0/0/3/10032829/2558687_orig.jpg
dalehileman

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 01:20 pm
@parados,
Para thanks for that posting, I've archived it for future ref
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 05:04 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Science provides us with a heap of abilities, technologies and insights into how nature operates - You can take it or leave it, but your ability to initiate this thread on this site, to utilise the energy through your electricity inlet, to observe the data via your monitor, etc - all thanks to science.
You are clearly attempting to incite a response from someone who gives a toss - But noone will bite - We simply take science for granted nowadays. It's not exactly a faith-based religion with a fundamental militant order (Dawkin excluded), is it?
I only responded because I'm bored - Only on this site because I'm bored - And it was a choice between this bollux or a 'Noddy' thread.

I agree, there are many sciences that benefit the people, but too many faux science theories that can't be demonstrated for everyone to see and understand. Genes, for example, also cannot be seen or demonstrated and the only proof is a double helix sketch.

When we remember WE ARE ALL MAD, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. Mark Twain

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 05:12 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Don't be concerned if you take the following for granite .....

Scientists had nothing to do with naming those pieces of granite, the discoverer probably did it.

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. Mark Twain

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

http://www.granitecountertopsdetroit.org/uploads/1/0/0/3/10032829/2558687_orig.jpg
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 02:29 am
You are saying?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 09:51 am
Don't take the following for granite.

http://www.uvm.edu/~inquiryb/webquest/sp08/kapage/sandstone1.jpg
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 10:08 am
@parados,
so? mama away from home? LOL
parados

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 07:26 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Sometimes it's best to start the day with a clean slate.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/SlateUSGOV.jpg/220px-SlateUSGOV.jpg
maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 07:31 am
@parados,
http://u.jimdo.com/www44/o/s43f928e84fd05874/img/i5ae0aedbde5d68ba/1407759477/std/a-seemingly-lifeless-pile-of-schist-debris-in-the-fox-valley.jpg

It is just a bunch of schist.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 10:17 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
It is just a bunch of schist.

No, a bunch of ****! Wink
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 10:20 am
@parados,
Thank you Para

You too must be a rockhound
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 10:23 am
And still, nobody seems to be able why we take the religion of 'science' so seriously.

Can't be because of the technology of course.There is no technology because of 'moderns science'. Nada, Nopos, Zilch, Zero,Nothing.
parados

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 11:17 am
@Quehoniaomath,
It's sedimentary my dear Q, sedimentary!

http://geology.com/rocks/pictures/siltstone.jpg
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 06:28 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
So many folk NEED something to believe in, that they, ultimately end up, convincing themselves it is true.
If you cannot filter the fact from the fiction - your problem entirely.
If you think that by preaching your ideology it will become reality by some 'ad populum' increment - Go for it. But denouncing scientific-fact/s en route just makes you appear to be delusional to those who do not.
Science provides answers - Faiths provide questions. Que Sera.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 11:25 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
So many folk NEED something to believe in

I am not talking about any believe here, but you don't 'get that'.

Quote:
Science provides answers - .

Well, that is my whole point, it doesn't.
But if you want you can keep your faith. (science) Be my guest.