Child Support

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 11:12 am
My ex husband who owes me close to 40,000 in child support & he is 6,000 in the rear. His licence is suspended. & a warrant s out for his arrest. He told me he could pay it if I had it dropped from 750 a month to 500. I work full time & only have a 30 minute lunch break. I also dont feel I need to do anything bc he left our marriage due to drugs a couple years back I was stuck with all the finances & paying to get out of the marriage re divorce. I also dont want him to go to jail bc the kids would be heart broken. I dont know what to do. Im 30 years old & have been raising my two kids on my own. They r just now building a better relationship with him after he started a new damily after getting clean. so should I feel obligated to do anything or should he handle.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 699 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 11:42 am
40,000 smackers? You want it to turn into 120,000?

Get thee to a lawyer. Yesterday. Your ex is stealing from you. He has essentially stolen as much as a lot of people make in a year. If he had taken 2 brand-new cars from you, you'd be calling for his ass to be hauled to jail.

If he feels the amount is excessive, then his remedy is in the courts, and not in playing on your sympathies. Same with you getting the money from him; he has proven his is thoroughly unreliable in terms of getting this done, so you will need to go to court in order to enforce things.

Will your kids be heartbroken? I dunno. Isn't it better that they have shoes, savings accounts, food, a roof over their heads, and college educations and all of the other things you could do for them with those kinds of simoleans? And isn't it a good idea to teach your children that defaulting on their obligations and not taking care of their own and breaking your promises leads to consequences?
0 Replies
Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 11:42 am
First thing, contact your state child support enforcement agency, whatever it's called in your state.
0 Replies
Ola Olson
Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 05:24 am
There is no need to drop in between, just simply say I want to continue in the same as I did in past. Don't let it be things quite easily feel responsible.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Child Support
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/26/2021 at 12:10:28