help on my paper?

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 01:42 pm
"Why Criminal Justice
This paper will be at least two pages long covering the areas of what interests you in the criminal
justice career field as well as what area in criminal justice you would like to work. Please make sure
you include the reasons why this area interests you and why you would want to do the specific job you
chose"

I'm really bad at writing papers, grammar doesn't need to be perfect but this is what I have but I need to extend it to a second page, any ideas? /:

Why criminal justice, Criminal justice to me is an opportunity to a have a career while also being
able to help and serve the community around you, to be able to work among the people who you live
around, and to be able to protect those peoples rights. I've always looked up to the brave men and
women who are out there every night and day keeping us safe and enforcing the laws, they put their
lives at risk every day to keep us from harm and keep everything in order, and that is the most
courageous thing someone could do in my eyes. It's inspired me to want to hopefully one day be
able to live up to that great standard.
There are some people out there that have had a single bad situation with one police officer
and for them, that breaks their view on all police out there, and that's really unfortunate. I want to be
able to create better experiences with those kind of people and show them that in reality most police
officers are hard- working, honorable individuals.

For a while there I considered joining the military or something along those lines, but as long
as I can remember I've wanted to be a police officer, and be able to stay close to my family. I'm sure,
as a kid, what first caught my attention were the flashing lights and speeding cars, being able to chase
down bad guys, or maybe even that police officers were allowed to carry guns, but when I went on a
ride along with the Police Department a couple years ago, I realized it's not all action and
being able to be a hero, but standing up for what's right and what's fair.

I would love to be able to work in Law Enforcement simply because I believe that enforcing the
law is a must in this society, along with keeping the peace and the social aspects of the job itself,
getting to know and interact with the community around you and learning all the skills that are
required to be a police officer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,085 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 03:17 pm
@Igardner,
Is this a paper for a class? To get into a college program? Something else? I ask because a part of writing papers is considering your readers, and what they are looking for.

Forget the paper for a second. If I were to ask you - why do you want to go into law enforcement, if you and I were having a conversation, what would you say?
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 01:40 am
@Igardner,
Igardner wrote:
Why Criminal Justice
     Write in Google: criminal justice wiki and start with opening the wiki article and reading it and the articles of its references. While reading most probably you will guess what to write on the paper. Find other definitions of criminal justice and develop the thesis. Actually no-one can tell you why you should be interested in something - notwithstanding whether it is criminal justice or cryptoanalysis.
0 Replies