The Letter Between C&E oes Not Work On My Keyboar

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 06:48 am
My keyboar is only about a year ol. Out of the blue my letter (the one between C&E) is not working. I poppe the cap out, & check that there was no foreign stuff in it.

Is there anything more that I may try, or shall I think of the keyboar as not alive? Boy, it is strange to try to figure out wors that ont contain the letter between C&E! Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,103 • Replies: 12
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:01 am
That happene to my keyboar just before it ie !

One by one, the letters went!!!

Then the chhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhains of llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllettttttttttters repeating began.

Then ore n ore lett rs w nt.

I woul say it was the beginning f the en !

Sorry.........

eb
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:52 am
LOL You could try disassembling the keyboard and cleaning the contacts underneath. If it starts happening with other keys i'd start looking for a new keyboard. You can get a decent keyboard for $10 nowadays and for $29 you can get those spiffy Microsoft "Internet" keyboards..

This just hasn't been your week for 'puters eh Phoenix? Wink
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:16 am
I thought I woul post an empathetic reply but lowan beat me to it
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 11:48 am
positive confirmation to fishin's post. On my old network a computer had space and enter stop working. I took the keyboard apart and washed all the keys and dusted the contacts and it worked perfectly.

Note: remember where the keys go. I had other keyboards to use for reference.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 03:21 pm
I am using my old keyboard now. Notice that the "d" is working. In the meantime I ran to Best Buys, and got a Microsoft Internet keyboard. $29.95 with a 20- rebate. Not bad for ten bucks.

Why do I feel like screaming?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 03:28 pm
Because you have a tiny Zephyr caught in the back of your throat. I'd keep him there and hold him for ransom. Just careful you don't conjure up a hurricane.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 03:30 pm
LOL!!!!!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 05:48 pm
Phoenix - Lemme know how you like that new keyboard! I've been eyein' one for the last week or so.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:23 pm
fishin'- I am beat now. I will probably install it tomorrow!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 01:02 pm
fishin'- I just installed the new keyboard, and this is my "maiden voyage".
It has a lot of nice new features that I didn't have with my other board. The "feel" is a little different, than my old one, but I think that it is just a matter of getting used to.

The one that I bought was the "Microsoft Internet Keyboard". I don't know if thre is a "Best Buys" near you, but the rebate is good til today.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 07:01 am
The Letter Between C&E oes Not Work On My Keyboar
Hi Phoenix:

If faced with something like that again you could always copy d from somewhere else and paste into the missing space. It's time consuming but if it absolutely positively has to be there it gets the job done. The d stays in memory so you don't have to recopy each time.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 07:09 am
bobsmyhawk- Thanks for the idea, but if this ever happens again, I buy another new keyboard---quick.

It's funny, but I took a few days to install this new one (It is great, by the way). The reason was that I have a large computer desk that is close to the wall. The keyboard cable had to be fished through a small hole.The computer itself sits on the floor to the right of the computer desk.

The way that it is set up, the cable just barely makes it to the computer. It is a real pain in the neck, so I waited for hubby to do it for me. (He takes care of the hardware, I take care of the software Very Happy )
0 Replies