How To Hide A Post Without The Poster Knowing????

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 09:55 am
Hello!

I have someone who is a friend of mine on FB who posted something that I don't really want other people who are my friends to see. I know I can hide it or delete it, but if this person finds out, they will make trouble for me (long story).

Therefore, I'd like to hide the post where only the person who posted it and the ones who have already "liked" it can see it.

Is this possible, and, if so, how exactly do I do it.

If not, what do you suggest?

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:39 pm
@ToddWhite,
Kinda late in the game to be doing this.

For next time - create a list with everyone on it who you want to see this except for this person. Then just share to that list.
ToddWhite

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 04:48 pm
@jespah,
OK, but the other person did the posting. Is it possible to hide that person's posts that I don't want "broadcast" to everyone but them and the ones that liked it?
0 Replies

ToddWhite

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 04:52 pm
@jespah,
Also - is it possible to edit the post without a notification that it's been edited sent to the original poster or anything indicated that I edited it?
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 07:07 pm
Go to your timeline page.
Click the three dots to the right of the View Activity Log link to display choices.
Select timeline settings.
Once there, go to the Who can see things on my timeline section.
Click on Who can see what others post on your timeline?
Choices are everyone, friends friends of friends, only me and custom
Select custom.
In the Don't Share This With section add names of people you don't shared with others on your timeline.
Save changes.

Test it.

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 07:08 pm
@ToddWhite,
You can't edit a post authored by anyone but yourself.
0 Replies

ToddWhite

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 08:51 am
@Butrflynet,
I did as you instructed, then had a friend log on and see if the post could be seen. He could not see it.

Question: By doing this, will the original poster and the people who liked it (2 or 3 others) still be able to see it, or will it be invisible to them, as well?
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 04:29 pm
@ToddWhite,
I don't know. Test it by reversing the privacy setting, have your friend like the post, change the setting back and have friend log in and tell you if he sees it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 04:57 pm
@ToddWhite,
Why not just ask the original poster to edit their post?
ToddWhite

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 04:45 pm
@ehBeth,
It's a long, long story....sometimes you have to pick which hill you want to die on....
0 Replies

ToddWhite

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 06:55 pm
@Butrflynet,
Also - if I hide something from my timeline, can the poster still see it, and, do they get a notice that it's been hidden?
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 06:58 pm
@ToddWhite,
I have no idea. Test it with a friend and let us know the results.
ToddWhite

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 08:07 am
@Butrflynet,
Well, I tested it and found that, if you hide someone's post, they can no longer see it, just like everyone else.
0 Replies