bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 07:42 pm
@boomerang,
I believe anonymous. I don't believe the cops or US Today or "news lite".
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 07:44 pm
KKK raising money for ‘hero’ Ferguson cop who shot ‘Jewish controlled black thug’
By David Ferguson
Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:03 EDT
google plus icon
"Ku Klux Klan" by Arete13 via Flickr

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/kkk.jpg

The Ku Klux Klan is soliciting funds for the police officer in Ferguson, Missouri who shot and killed unarmed teenager Michael Brown, 18.

The Southern Poverty Law Center’s Hate Watch blog reported that the South Carolina-based New Empire Knights of the Ku Klux Klan boasted that its Missouri chapter is raising money as a “reward” for the officer.

“We are setting up a reward/fund for the police officer who shot this thug,” said an email from the Klan group. “He is a hero! We need more white cops who are anti-Zog and willing to put Jewish controlled black thugs in their place. Most cops are cowards and do nothing while 90 percent of interracial crime is black (and non-white) on white.”

An Arizona Klan chapter wrote on its blog, “We know that Michael Brown was nothing more than a punk. The media and others are painting him out to be a ‘good son’ and ‘great kid.’ The blacks of Missouri are showing their love of him by rioting, attacking and shooting people. Nothing new.”

Hate Watch blogger Don Terry said that attempts to communicate with the Klan’s Imperial Wizard Chuck Murray went unanswered.

On Thursday, the hacking collective Anonymous claimed to reveal the name of the officer who shot Michael Brown. Ferguson police had been reluctant to reveal the officer’s name for fear of retribution.

["Ku Klux Klan" by Arete13 via Flickr, Creative Commons licensed]
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 07:53 pm
Thousands in Times Square snarl traffic, chanting, "hands up, don't shoot!"

LIVE http://new.livestream.com/JamesFromTheInternet/events/3277196

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/p180x540/10514285_351745544979014_1751618950302050285_o.jpg

After the National Moment of Silence Vigil for victims of Police Violence a spontaneous march began that has grown in size to the 1000's. Best estimate is around 3000 people.

Updates from Ferguson Missouri http://revolution-news.com/ferguson-justified-resistance-to-a-racist-system/

Anonymous Calls for Nationwide Ferguson Solidarity Protests
http://revolution-news.com/anonymous-calls-for-nationwide-ferguson-solidarity-protests/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
Maybe you are older than I thought.
My post referred to giving out hasty, false information and embroiling the wrong people.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:02 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
It seems the person they named is a police dispatcher and not a cop at all.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:19 pm
https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/499926807668600833

Shaun King ‏@ShaunKing

. @GovJayNixon just confirmed that the State Police & Federal Authorities are going to relieve St. Louis County PD of their duties here.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:21 pm
I'm full of bias against all in this matter, all people with biases, and so on.

I have my suppositions, but I don't know yet.

What I see is a leap to contain blacks (why? witnesses disagree with you?) and massive angry reaction to protesters.

Has no one learned anything ever?

I wasn't there, will await the explainos.

My bias, that this is more horrid shooting to kill, especially if target has a tinge of color. Or is tall.
But I still am not clear on that, re the fellow leaping into the car or what..
seems unlikely.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:32 pm
@ossobuco,
There was some early news where the cop that was thrown back in the car shot the thrower.

I take all this as unlikely.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:36 pm
The thing is, whatever happened in the original incident (which will be figured out), the reaction is telling and chilling.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:56 pm

St. Louis County Officer Fired For Alleged Racial Profiling
Posted 5:34 pm, May 14, 2013, by Shirley Washington

http://fox2now.com/2013/05/14/st-louis-county-officer-fired-for-alleged-racial-profiling/

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– A veteran St. Louis County Police Lieutenant has been fired for alleged racial profiling. The department confirms Lt. Patrick Hayes was terminated Monday. He’s accused of making inappropriate comments that were racial in nature and of ordering patrol officers to arrest black people driving near South County Center Mall on Lindbergh in South County and Wal-Mart a few blocks away on Telegraph Road.

The allegations came to light after an officer on the force wrote an anonymous letter to St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch. Hayes was fired after an Internal Affairs investigation and a probe by the St. Louis County Chapter of NAACP. The Vice President of the civil rights organization, Reverend B.T. Rice said the NAACP spoke with officers on the force and with shoppers of South County Center Mall. “It was stunning. We thought that kind of thing was over back in the 40s and 50s. I guess racism raises its ugly head every now and then, but it’s important that we deal with it openly and deal with it precisely. I think that’s what happened in this case.”

Rice says the NAACP’s investigation did not find any officers who followed Hayes’ alleged order to target black people and adds the NAACP has asked the Federal Justice Department to investigate the allegations. Neither Hayes nor his attorney, Neil Bruntrager could be reached for comment.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 09:10 pm
Missouri state troopers take over security in Ferguson
By Michael Pearson, Ana Cabrera and Catherine E. Shoichet, CNN
updated 11:00 PM EDT, Thu August 14, 2014
Source: CNN
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

NEW: Source: On Friday police plan to release name of officer who shot Michael Brown

Missouri's governor says state troopers will take over security in Ferguson

Captain says "we are going to have ... the approach that we're in this together"

Justice Department to help local authorities with crowd control, Holder says

CNN's Don Lemon reports live from Ferguson, Missouri, today from 10 p.m. ET until midnight. Tune in to CNN TV or watch live online or on your mobile device using the Watch CNN feature.

Ferguson, Missouri (CNN) -- State troopers are taking over security in this St. Louis suburb after days of clashes between local police and protesters.

Gov. Jay Nixon said he decided to put the Missouri State Highway Patrol in charge of security because "at this particular point, the attitudes weren't improving, and the blocks towards expression appeared to be a flashpoint."

Lately, the community of Ferguson, which has been the scene of demonstrations and a strong police response in the wake of a weekend police shooting that left African-American teenager Michael Brown dead, has looked "more like a war zone, and it's not acceptable," Nixon said.

"We're all about making sure that we allow peaceful and appropriate protests, that we use force only when necessary, that we step back a little bit and let some of the energy be felt in this region, appropriately," Nixon said

Chosen by the state's governor to head up the new security operation, Missouri State Highway Patrol Capt. Ron Johnson said he planned to meet with protesters Thursday.

"We are going to have a different approach and have the approach that we're in this together," he said.

As groups of protesters grew Thursday night, the demonstrations were calm.

Some said they were prepared for police aggression, despite what authorities have promised.

"Gas me, shoot me, I will stand my ground," one protester's sign said.

But Antonio French, a St. Louis alderman who was arrested at a demonstration in Ferguson Wednesday, said he's already noticed the new tone.

"Really, it has been the police presence, the heavy-handed presence, which has escalated the situation and I think led to the violence each night. And so it's good to see this new approach," he said. "Already there is a different attitude and a different interaction between the crowd and police, and I am very hopeful for a peaceful night."

And protesters may be close to getting a response to one key demand.

On Friday, police in Ferguson plan to release the name of the officer who shot Brown, a source close to the investigation told CNN.

Police chief: City is a 'powder keg'

Earlier Thursday, Ferguson's police chief described the city as a "powder keg."

"The whole situation is not good at this point," Chief Thomas Jackson said a day after clashes in which police fired smoke bombs, tear gas and rubber pellets at protesters who he said had thrown firebombs at police and engaged in gunfire.

Jackson said police would talk about changing "not only the tactics but also the appearance" of law enforcement.

U.S. Justice Department officials have also offered to assist local authorities control crowds "without relying on unnecessarily extreme displays of force," Attorney General Eric Holder said in a statement Thursday. The offer has been accepted, he said.

Jackson said protesters also have to do their share by remaining peaceful.

"We need everybody to tone it down," he said.

Governor: 'This has clearly touched a nerve'

Ferguson has been the scene of protests since Saturday, when a police officer shot and killed Brown, who was unarmed. Police say he was trying to grab the officer's gun. Witnesses say the 18-year-old was holding his hands in the air when he was fatally shot.

5 things to know about Michael Brown's shooting

And protests over the controversial case have extended beyond the St. Louis suburb. Demonstrators expressed solidarity with Brown and Ferguson's protesters at so-called "day of rage" protests across the country on Thursday.

Protesters are angry that police have not released the name of the officer involved in the shooting, and they worry that a cover-up is in effect. St. Louis County police and federal investigators are looking into Brown's death. No charges have been filed.

Although locals say race relations have long been troubled between the city's mostly African-American population and the mostly white police force, anger spilled out after Brown's death, resulting in protests, violence, looting and fires.

Brown's death and demonstrations over the case have resonated far beyond that city, Nixon said Thursday.

"These are deep and existing problems not only in Missouri but in America, and this has clearly touched a nerve," he said.

President Barack Obama spoke out on the situation Thursday, criticizing how some police responded.

"There is never an excuse for violence against police or for those who would use this tragedy as a cover for vandalism or looting," he said. "There is also no excuse for police to use excessive force against peaceful protests or to throw protesters in jail for lawfully exercising their First Amendment rights."

Their comments came after a night in which heavily armed police and protesters clashed, two reporters were briefly detained and an Al Jazeera America camera crew complained that police shot tear gas at them.

After ordering protesters and reporters to turn off their cameras, police fired smoke bombs, tear gas and rubber bullets at protesters after some threw objects at them Wednesday, according to media accounts. CNN crews have not been ordered to turn off their cameras during the protests.

Twelve people were arrested -- including the two reporters, Jackson said. Two officers were injured, including one whose ankle was broken when a brick was thrown at him.

On Wednesday, the American Civil Liberties Union of Missouri filed a lawsuit seeking the release of the officer's name under the state's open records law.

It's unclear whether the suit will succeed. Missouri law provides a specific exemption barring the release of records that authorities conclude are "likely to pose a clear and present danger" to victims, witnesses or others.

Officials say police officers, and others in the administration and police force, have been subjected to death threats.

Neil Bruntrager, general counsel for the St. Louis police officer's association, said the name of the officer involved in the shooting should be withheld until an investigation is completed.

"The moment you put a police officer's name out there, that police officer becomes a target," he said.

On Thursday, the shadowy activist group Anonymous published the name of the officer it believes responsible for the shooting. Earlier, the group claimed to have hacked the city servers and obtained dispatch recordings and other information.

Jackson later said the group had the wrong officer. CNN is not reporting the name.

Brown's family members say they're frustrated with the lack of information from police.

"We're still looking for answers," cousin Eric Davis said. "They have not been transparent in any shape, form or fashion. We're in the dark."

Have you documented the protests in Ferguson? Share your photos, videos and opinions with CNN iReport.

Teen was two days away from starting college

What we know about Michael Brown's shooting

CNN's Michael Pearson and Catherine E. Shoichet reported and wrote from Atlanta, and Ana Cabrera reported from Ferguson. CNN's Julian Cummings, Ben Brumfield, Yon Pomrenze, Don Lemon, Wolf Blitzer, Bill Kirkos, Melanie Whitley, Andy Rose, Jackie Damico and Dave Alsup contributed to this report.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 09:13 pm
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.policestateusa.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F08%2Fmichael-brown-1.jpg&f=1
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 09:21 pm
Is the Klan really still active in America and do any A2K members hang with them?

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 09:48 pm
CNN Legal Analyst: Ferguson Cops Treat Dead Deer Better Than They Treated Michael Brown’s Body
by Josh Feldman | 9:17 pm, August 14th, 2014

There’s a new video out showing the aftermath of the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson and how Brown’s body was just left lying on the ground for minutes This caused CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin to remark that the police treat dead deer better than they treated Brown’s body.

In the video in question, Brown’s body is on the ground, exposed for several minutes. Toobin said, “I think this is deeply significant, this video… Ten minutes of an exposed, dead 18-year-old with no one covering the body. I mean, they treat deer who get hit by cars better than that.”

He said this does explain a lot of the anger about what’s going on in Ferguson, but also noted how the video shows plenty of witnesses who were at the scene either during or after the shooting. That means, Toobin said, there will be “an abundance of evidence for the FBI to look at.”

Video at link:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/toobin-ferguson-cops-treat-dead-deer-better-than-they-treated-michael-browns-body/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 09:53 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Is the National Front still active in GB and do any a2k members mouth their foul ****?

Clean up your own racist fucks.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 10:18 pm
Rand Paul: We Must Demilitarize the Police
Source: Time

Anyone who thinks race does not skew the application of criminal justice in this country is just not paying close enough attention, Sen. Rand Paul writes for TIME, amid violence in Ferguson, Mo. over the police shooting death of Michael Brown

The shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown is an awful tragedy that continues to send shockwaves through the community of Ferguson, Missouri and across the nation.

If I had been told to get out of the street as a teenager, there would have been a distinct possibility that I might have smarted off. But, I wouldn’t have expected to be shot.

The outrage in Ferguson is understandable—though there is never an excuse for rioting or looting. There is a legitimate role for the police to keep the peace, but there should be a difference between a police response and a military response.

Read more: http://time.com/3111474/rand-paul-ferguson-police/

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 10:20 pm
Michael Brown Shooting Witness: Michael's Pulse Not Taken For 30-45 Minutes

Most police officers I know have First Aid/CPR training, yet the witness (Tiffany) on the Lawrence O'Donnell show states that Michael's pulse wasn't taken until the EMTs arrived, some 30-45 minutes later.

1) In a heavily residential area, 45 minute EMT response sounds quite excessive.

2) I don't know the laws of Missouri, but in my state first aiders are to render care. This includes the police.

===

Why didn't the police immediately approach Michael to render care?

Are there criminal liabilities against all of the police officers for failure to render first aid?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 10:33 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Probably not, but it depends on the law of that jurisdiction.

David
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:13 pm
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 03:29 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
The name that Anonymous released as being the cop that shot Michael Brown was wrong, as was the address.
The disabled mother of Bryan Willman who lives at the house is in fear of her life now....

As I feared.

I've already said this a couple times now, but those vigilantes should face prison time for the harm that they've caused.

---

By the way, while we in the public don't yet know the facts of this case, there will likely be lots of ambiguity over what exactly happened even when the facts are known.

Every time I advocate this idea I tend to be universally opposed by friend and foe alike, however I feel that there would be lots of benefit gained if the US had blanket video camera coverage in public spaces, much like they have in the UK.

If this entire incident were on video from beginning to end, we would know if wrongdoing had occurred. And any such wrongdoing would be easily prosecuted.

And if there were no wrongdoing, that would be clear and unambiguous as well.

Instead, we are likely to face a dissatisfying muddle where some people suspect wrongdoing, others suspect no wrongdoing, and nothing can be proved either way.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 05:44:42