Gaining Weight

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 11:57 pm
I see alot of losing weight information but gaining weight information is limited and scarce. I have a thin build very similar to Edward Norton and my metabolism and testosterone are high. I live in Japan and anyone thats been here knows that getting a big enough portion of healthy food is impossible. What I'm looking for are weight gain powder drinks. I bought one last year in Texas at GNC and it worked really well. Only problem is I forgot what it was called. Anyone know of a weight gaining product that's incorporated with weight training that I can buy online? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,342 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 04:49 am
Link to Weight Gainer

This it?

http://www.gnc.com/about_gnc/international/internatmap.asp?country=JP
0 Replies

Exister -

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:51 pm
Thanks but that's not it. I've checked GNC's online store but the product I bought and looking for isn't there. That link is for GNC stores located on US military bases throughout Japan. I don't have access to them.
0 Replies

niquefan

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 05:13 am
I've been involved in the sports supplement business for a few years now, I'm thinking I can help you out. The most popular weight gainers that I know of are (in no particular order):

1. Champion Heavyweight Gainer
2. Prolab NLarge
3. Cytosport Cytogainer
4. ABB (American Bodybuilding) XXL
5. SciFit Extreme Mass

If you wanted to order online, I would recommend bodybuilding.com (they have every product under the sun) or 1fast400.com (one of the less expensive sites I've come across). Other than that, all I can say is EAT BIG (3-4 solid meals and 3-4 protein shakes daily) and TRAIN HARD (if you don't create an anabolic environment within your body, you won't grow.) Gambate.
0 Replies

tim1477

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 04:39 pm
niquefan i have to disagree with you a little, i would suggest eating about 6 meals a day instead of 3. eat as much as you can every 2 hours or so, and make sure you are lifting weights (otherwise you'll just gain fat) if your going to do a clean bulk and your like me, its going to be very hard to gain weight. i started doing a "dirty bulk" which means it doesnt matter what i eat, im justs eating ALOT. i've learned so much from bodybuilding.com and their forums, check them out. hope this helps
0 Replies

niquefan

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 03:25 am
I hear you tim1477. I think in a perfect world eating 6 solid meals a day would be the way to go however, for most people, it's just not feasible. For most people who work a 9 to 5, finding the time to sit down and have one nutritious meal is hard enough, let alone 3 or 4. That's why I recommended the protein shakes. Not to take away from your advice, because it is good advice, just a little bit too idealistic in my opinion.
0 Replies