Assault Weapon features and what they do.

Jarlaxle

Tue 15 Jun, 2004 07:54 pm
I can file metal, & get it so that you couldn't tell short of using an electron microscope. Mirror finish, 60-grit surface, or anything in between...none are a problem. A simple "swipe" is obvious, yes--but it still screws the ID.
0 Replies

stuh505

Tue 15 Jun, 2004 08:55 pm
Whatever benefit there may be, it is not worth reducing our society's rights as people to own something that they may want for a legitimate purpose. It's just not worth it. Every law, every restriction, is just a string that ties us down...and tangles us up, and we are all caught in this giant sticky spiderweb of laws as it is. Do not touch our freedom of speach, do not touch our freedom to own material posessions, do not touch our right to a fair trial, do not touch our right to abortion, do not touch our right to a free market, do not touch us. The government should make sure our country is safe from other countries, keep general order, and stop trying to improve our quality of life by adding more threads and tripwires to the web.
0 Replies

Bvamp

Tue 15 Jun, 2004 08:56 pm
they can and do use electron microscopes on that very thing, jarl. obvious wear is one thing, a man made damage is another....people get PHDs on that very concept man. now if you are a gunsmith and have a license to do so, so be it.
0 Replies

Bvamp

Tue 15 Jun, 2004 09:12 pm
stuh505: yehp....i dare say anyone here would give up thier right to free speech for my guns, or even thier right to assembly for my guns. how about your right to be innocent until proven guilty? wait, no, that is already gone....
0 Replies

roger

Tue 15 Jun, 2004 09:42 pm
Sounds moot - on the alterations to bore, extractor, ejector, and firing pins. If the gun hasn't been involved in a crime, I mean.

No old J. Edgar had a scheme to maintain samples of a fired projectile from every gun sold. Including shotguns! Duh!
0 Replies

Bvamp

Tue 15 Jun, 2004 09:53 pm
well, its not moot, its the law. it is the same if you did or intend to do so as well, and it is a felonious act. example of gun laws from gun owners is this one. a little too much too late.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 08:58 am
Thought I might point out that people use handguns for hunting as well as personal protection. Obviously, this isn't your grandma's Lady Smith & Wesson, but it's still a handgun.

http://www.tednugent.com/images/Porkslam_2004_web.jpg
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 09:08 am
You just can't stop Uncle Ted and any weapon. I want to see some of the gun grabbers try to get on his property and take them away from him.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 09:45 am
Yeah, there are a bunch of "gun grabbers" who do that kinda thing all the time.

Do you guys care that you sound delusional?
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 09:59 am
Bvamp, I just noticed your tag:
A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

You should add:
A man who wears a loaded gun while he walks around his house is a little off the deep end. Laughing
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:05 am
It's not him that has a problem, Justan, it's the rest of US for not carrying loaded guns around all the time.

I think this guy really believes that loaded guns make people safer.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:09 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I think this guy really believes that loaded guns make people safer.

Cycloptichorn

Actually, in some parts of the U.S., they definitely make it safer. You can take pretty good care of yourself with AAA and a Glock.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:09 am
cjhsa wrote:
Thought I might point out that people use handguns for hunting as well as personal protection. Obviously, this isn't your grandma's Lady Smith & Wesson, but it's still a handgun.

http://www.tednugent.com/images/Porkslam_2004_web.jpg

I forgot, in my list of odd things gun fans do in gun debates, to mention the trophy hunt posting. But hey, if you are gonna do it, do it right.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwCZAvsVwySVDjT!vdrgjoXMcIt1gg0o4FuuLSLTfLjJXywIRdkRavLYBdX2D8SbLbnpsgtO3PPakWYi1cZN58Fm9j6cR6hMss9sHkbqbT8/bear.jpg

That, is a trophy. Look at the paw:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgClAkMX7oA6HgCMmKTKA2shN5D81gFXmsJjB*2GXsF2AyH8ykqnHYt4B4RcPQo5kOnfvGrx!lv0s0A3LpC3whnnFu6BRHF5tzh4VAabzSyXQKRYtOeWzw/bearpaw.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:11 am
Can't see 'em Craven. I wasn't posting a "trophy hunt" picture, just a pic of a dead pig, killed with a handgun. Why must you read things into my posts?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:13 am
Quote:
Actually, in some parts of the U.S., they definitely make it safer. You can take pretty good care of yourself with AAA and a Glock.

Sheesh. Try looking at it from the other end. The guy you are pointing your glock at isn't safer. Now, you say that you would never do that to someone who wasn't threatening you. But what if the other guy thinks you are threatening HIM? Wrong or right?

Once again, you do realize the only thing you are protecting by carrying around firearms is your own fragile ego?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:14 am
I'm quite familiar with the story of the guy and the huge bear. Obviously he killed it, but there are various versions of how/when/where/etc. that Snopes attempts to dissect. I have photographs of Fred Bear and Bob Munger (a family friend) with critters of similar size.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:19 am
cjhsa wrote:
Can't see 'em Craven. I wasn't posting a "trophy hunt" picture, just a pic of a dead pig, killed with a handgun. Why must you read things into my posts?

I read exactly what was in your post into it. Cept I left out the part about wanting an amorous relationship with Ted. ;-)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:20 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Sheesh. Try looking at it from the other end. The guy you are pointing your glock at isn't safer. Now, you say that you would never do that to someone who wasn't threatening you. But what if the other guy thinks you are threatening HIM? Wrong or right?

Cycloptichorn

I would never pull a weapon on someone if they weren't already threatening me or my family. At that point, tough ****, your perspective means nothing to me.

Did you know that in Michigan over 3000 CCW permits have been issued, and not one of those licensees has shot anyone yet? My dad is one of them. He's almost 80, and travels to remote places quite often, where police/fire/etc. are at least 20-30 minutes away. I like the fact he can take care of himself.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:25 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
I read exactly what was in your post into it. Cept I left out the part about wanting an amorous relationship with Ted. ;-)

I posted from Ted's website because it is easy and a good source of photos. Nothing more. I am a member of TNUSA and to that end, I try to spread the word about the positive elements of hunting and fishing. I've never met Nugent and probably never will, but we have something in common, a love for the outdoors and concern over the interpretation of the 2nd ammendment.
0 Replies

roger

Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:26 am
cjhsa wrote:
Did you know that in Michigan over 3000 CCW permits have been issued, and not one of those licensees has shot anyone yet? My dad is one of them. He's almost 80, and travels to remote places quite often, where police/fire/etc. are at least 20-30 minutes away. I like the fact he can take care of himself.

Actually, it's a herd immunity kind of thing. You carry: I don't. As long as the crooks know I might be, I share in your immunity.
0 Replies