Assault Weapon features and what they do.

JustanObserver

Thu 17 Jun, 2004 10:29 pm
Bvamp wrote:
Im not paranoid, Im prepared. I dont know what you are, but it sure isnt prepared, I know that much. Go and give someone your wallet and your ID and all your money/gold cards for all I care.

You would be willing to risk your life or kill another person over your wallet? Some ID? Money/Gold Cards?

Pretty damn sad. But thats your problem.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:07 am
If more thieves were shot during the act of robbery, there woulf be fewer thieves.
0 Replies

swolf

Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:26 am
Funny, nobody on this board seems to understand what an "assault weapon" is...

A true assault rifle is an automatic or semiautomatic rifle which fires ammunition of a certain size: just big enough to kill or seriously injure anybody it hits, yet small enough to allow rapid follow-on shots and/or aimed semiautomatic or automatic fire. The Germans invented this idea around 1943 with the 8 mm kurz cartridge and rifles which used it, too late to reverse the outcome of the war fortunately. True assault rifles today include mainly the M16 and various other rifles made to use .223 ammo, and Russian Kalashnikov rifles using 7.62x39 and Russian variants of .223 ammo.

In particular, FAL rifles, HKs, M1s and M1A1s are not true assault rifles since they cannnot be aimed and fired rapidly due to the recoil of their heavier ammo. These should be called "battle rifles", "military rifles" or some such, and not assault rifles.

The thing being sacrificed in order to have a true assault rifle is power and range. The general assumption being made is that the bulk of military shooting will be at ranges not over 300 yards. The M16 does a bit better than most of the others in this regard due to the relatively high velocity of the .223 ammo. Marines practice at ranges to 600 yards with it and competition versions of it using heavier bullets and barrels with sufficiently high spin rates to stabilize them are accurate out to all competition ranges.

The fact that competitive events such as the tournament at Camp Perry are generally won with m16 type rifles is due to the fact that it takes much less time to get the rifle back on target for follow on shots than it does with an M14 or any kind of rifle shooting 308 ammunition.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:44 am
McGentrix wrote:
If more thieves were shot during the act of robbery, there woulf be fewer thieves.

It could just as easily motivate more theives to arm themselves as well.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:59 am
Most thieves are alreaqdy armed. Holding someone up with a fish just isn't getting the job done.
0 Replies

Bvamp

Fri 18 Jun, 2004 11:58 am
dont bring a knife to a gun fight....and if I am being robbed at knife or gunpoint, my life is ALREADY at risk. You can just lay down and die if you want to, but I dont plan to. by the way, how long do you all think before there will be al-qaeda or some other groups running around with illegally imported guns shooting up your town? sooner or later it will happen at least once, and I dont planning on lying down and dying then either. call it paranoid if you want, I call it being prepared.
0 Replies

S-20 Mags

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:55 am
A battering ram and catapult are examples of assault weapons or siege weapons, a gun is a gun. Modes of fire, caliber, or capacity don’t change its basic use or functions.
As much as a Brown Bess, a Colt Walker revolver, or a Henry lever action rifle were the weapons of choice in their time the ARs , AK clones, and double stacked magazine pistols are used to day by people for all kinds of reasons both good and bad. It’s not the gun it’s the way it’s used.
A well versed shooter could use a older style 1917 revolver and inflect more damage than most of the dips that get a wild hair to go shoot up a group of people. Just be grateful most of the morons that go nuts with a gun aren’t usually very good with a gun.

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 08:37 am
Assault weapons can be anything used to assault another person. Obama is an assault weapon.

Assault rifles are high capacity shoulder fired small arms having the ability to fire any number of rounds automatically
with single a squeeze of the trigger. The gun keeps shooting until the trigger is released or the ammunition mag, drum
or box is empty. The inexperienced and uneducated masses often incorrectly ID paramilitary rifles as assault rifles.

Paramilitary semi automatic high capacity shoulder fired small arms look just like real assault rifles and they fire the same round as
the military weapon they are made to look like, BUT the rate of fire is one shot per squeeze of the trigger - NO fully automatic fire.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 04:58 pm
your mother's dna was an assault weapon then because you are damaged goods.
0 Replies