Are you a good Googler

dalehileman

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 01:52 pm
@BillRM,
Ghanks Bill, yes I do vaguely understand the system; but I was looking for an instance in the dim past when consumer benefited from, a "declining block rate" based upon his own consumption
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 01:55 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
how about reading some of the info in the links?
Yea Rag it's still on the agenda

Meantime hoped someone with a better vocabulary than mine might provide a link specifying a time of declining consumer "block" rate, else was around at the time, can confirm any said decline from personal experience

Again hoping not to be accused of excessive repetition, my main concern is whether eg, in the 1940's consumer electricity might ever have been priced at a declining rate based on the individual consumption. But thanks all for your interest
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 02:12 pm
@dalehileman,
Prolly not. These promotions may have been a standby in the '50s, but I think they found the market has swung the other way.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 02:29 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Prolly not.
After scanning scores of Google hits I've pretty much concluded the same. There were block wholesale declines but evidently scant record of consumer decline based on the individual electric bill

Quote:
These promotions may have been a standby in the '50s, but I think they found the market has swung the other way.
Yea Rog with the death of Reddy Kilowatt, a huge incline. On this basis we have shot our wad for a solar installation which we hope to save us a small fortune out here in the sunny desert
0 Replies