Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 12:30 am
@cicerone imposter,
thx.

Better yet

stupid url shorteners.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 01:23 am
I had no idea that John Oliver was on TV over there, and by the looks of it, reasonably famous.

Well thought out piece of mockery.

Here's an old clip of him (and others) on Brit TV....

Mock The Week....

hingehead

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 05:10 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Thanks for that Lord - I'd often wondered what John did before moving to the states. He's long been brilliant on John Stewart's The Daily Show - and has now moved on (like so many before him). He has done awesome bits on Australia too, notably our gun control (a brilliant three parter) and our feckless current prime minister.

Had never heard of Mock The Week, but had seen all the panellists before on QI, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, Would I Lie To You et al. I guess a combination of it's topicality and local focus meant Oz channels never bought it - instead tried replicate it with Good News Week and the sadly missed Glasshouse.

How's your boy doing?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 03:52 pm
6 numbers that tell you everything you need to know about America’s busted priorities
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 04:22 pm
@hingehead,
My wife and I are probably 'not average' when it comes to lifetime wages and social security paid. Since our marriage in 1963, our combined benefits vs paid in is now 31%. Our benefits far exceeds what we paid into FICA when we consider the benefits we also received through social security and MediCare.

0 Replies