what to do when you can't 'resolve inconsistancy' to prove income

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 10:18 am
I'm at my wits end and getting very stressed. I became unemployed in December, but my employer offered me severance pay , to be issued as 2014 income, and I knew I had unemployment insurance. Between the two I had enough taxable income to qualify, and also had additional taxable IRA money I could draw on. But after sending all the documentation required to verify my 2014 income, including letters from the employer, a statement from my state showing my unemployment eligibility, and a statement form my mutual fund IRA, I kept getting notifications that I needed to "resolve inconsistencies" to verify my income. I sent the info through the website, then by certified mail, and finally through the website again.

So finally yesterday I got a new notification, this time saying they received my documentation, but that it doesn't contain enough information about my yearly household income, and that I must submit "different' documentation, or I'll lose my marketplace coverage. The trouble is, they are not giving ME enough information to resolve the issue, and the only phone number given for questions goes to customer service, where they are not able to even contact the actual marketplace and figure out what is wrong. And honestly, I don't have any "different" documentation, andI'm certainly not going to "invent" any.

So here I am, fully qualified, getting health insurance I need, and completely ready for my 2015 taxes when I'll have to declare my income. But for right now, all the info I have has been forwarded to the marketplace, they say then need more, and I am unable to talk to a single human being anywhere in the system that actually knows what the problem is.

I've written another letter and sent it to the the actual marketplace in London, Kentucky, begging and pleading with them to please have some one contact me so we can resolve this. Maybe I'll write the president too for what its worth. But is there anything else I can do? If they cut off my coverage, I certainly don't have the resources to sue them over it. Even the IRS has to tell you very precisely what is wrong and what you can do if they have a problem with documentation you offer them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,478 • Replies: 0
No top replies