A thought about illegal immigration

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 06:55 am
I asked myself the following question:

Since when illegal immigrants have power enough to change the existing laws in the US?

Neither the vote of US citizens has such an influence to even challenge the decisions made by the president and by Congress.

Another question.

Why to concede to illegal immigrants the reward of giving them legal residence?

The truth is that while they stay as illegal immigrants the economy of the US is not affected. But as soon those millions of illegal immigrants become legal residents, they will suck the whole social security funds. I guarantee it in base of the current birth rate of illegal immigrants in the US, that making them legal residents will destroy the US economy.

Of course, corrupt attorneys who are getting rich because illegal immigrant cases, they want to create a different scenario about how better the US will be by legalizing illegal immigrants. Their numbers are hypothetical based in an imaginary place like Xanadu.

The best immigration reform is to deny completely any legal residence to every illegal immigrant in the US. If they managed to cross the US border, then they are on their own.

The most the US government help them to become legal residents, the greater the illegal immigration will become. The only way to stop illegal immigration is to cut off completely any government help for illegal immigrants.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,547 • Replies: 1
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 07:11 am
@carloslebaron,
I can take these.

1. You are completely right, undocumented immigrants have no power to change laws in the US.

However, US citizens do have the power to change laws, and many US citizens want more rational and humane immigration laws. For example, a majority of US citizens want a pathway to citizenship for people here illegally now.

The reason we don't have immigration reform is because a minority of Tea Party Republicans are blocking the vote. They won't even allow a vote for such a law, because if they did they know that a majority would vote for it.

2. You completely misunderstand how the economy works. Economies run on people.

People work, they make money, they produce things, they start businesses, they buy things. People don't "suck economies" dry. Think it it this way, you aren't sucking the economy dry, and neither are I or my kids.

0 Replies