Thoughts about the Chiefs.

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 03:09 pm
Big Chiefs fan, lots of optimism, virtuously same roster this year. Hopefully improved defensive strategy. What chu got?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 785 • Replies: 8
No top replies

margo

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 09:18 pm
Welcome to A2K - Dan Allen...

This forum is multinational.....

Chiefs - the Waikato, New Zealand, rugby team, beaten in the 1st semi-final of Super 12 Rugby by the ACT Brumbies (Australian) on Saturday night?

Tough bikkies!

But I guess this is not what you meant!

Final next Saturday in Canberra, Brumbies vs another NZ team - Canterbury Crusaders!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:57 am
margo, me-thinks Dan Allen is referring to the kansas city Chiefs of the NFL...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 01:33 pm
Region Philbis wrote:

RP
You may be right at that!

However, we are a multinational bunch - and the Kansas City chiefs do not feature on my horizon at all. I'm giving Dan a wider view of the world! Not everyone is USA-centric.

Dan doesn't even tell me what sport they play? (NFL?) I've at least specified rugby (union). Dan probably find this insight fascinating Razz or not!
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:11 am
margo wrote:
Region Philbis wrote:

RP
You may be right at that!

However, we are a multinational bunch - and the Kansas City chiefs do not feature on my horizon at all. I'm giving Dan a wider view of the world! Not everyone is USA-centric.

Dan doesn't even tell me what sport they play? (NFL?) I've at least specified rugby (union). Dan probably find this insight fascinating Razz or not!

Please !! You're making Dick Vermeil cry. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 09:44 am
My uncle played Aussie rules football. Toughest game perhaps next to rugby. If the Chiefs (NFL) took off their pads and helmets and played the NZ Chiefs they'd be hauled off in fleets of ambulances.(KC). Just my take.

But seriously KC needs defense Dan and Cereal(edited). How'd they do in the draft?
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 09:55 am
I don't know. But here is who they drafted. Looks like they didn't have a first round pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04/tracker/team?team=kan
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 01:49 pm
For all you Chiefs fans...whatever they are.

Well, the team that beat the Waikato Chiefs in Super 12 Rugby Union semi-final, the A.C.T. Brumbies, went on to defeat the other New Zealand team, the Canterbury Crusaders, in the final last Saturday night!

Super 12 is a rugby (union) tournament, between Australia, New Zealand and South African teams, some of the stronges in the world. 12 teams play, usually state-, or province-, based.

The 6 northern hemisphere teams play their own tournament, although some of their teams are not so strong.

Aren't y'all fascinated to know this - and all done without body-armour.

Next up, the annual grudge match, Australia vs New Zealand.

Dick Vermeil - never heard of him!
And Dan Allen - what happened to him! As his subject heading was non-specific - you get people like me trampling over the thread.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 02:09 pm
Margo, I always welcome your posts. Even though this forum is basically oriented towards Americans just from the sheer numbers, I value it for the input from other nationalities. You go girl!
0 Replies