Wierd thoughts

msolga

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:40 am
A thoroughly modern Venus, dlowan. How do you feel about your make over, Eva?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:44 am
Yeah, Eva, I've seen both magnets and they ARE fun to play with, especially when you didn't grow up with Barbies and Kens. All I had as a child was a G.I. Joe with the Kung Fu grip, and a limited edition Klaus Barbie doll. You can only imagine the fights between them, and the issues I grew up with, being a relative of holocaust survivors. I almost considered becoming American, but even as a child, I knew better. Hey, thems some weird thoughts. Laughing

I had a real weird thought today actually. Rabbit's feet are considered lucky, but I'm certain it's not so lucky for the rabbit. That seems almost close to a cursed item to me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:46 am
I'm watching you.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:53 am
Haha!

OK, that was how I always pictured the David tho - kinda like in that "magnetic" picture, but then sans cheesy boxers. Like a boyish, elegant figure, quite in accordance to the icon-of-gayness status ...

When I saw the real statue for the first time in Florence, I was quite shocked! There's nothing "boyish" whatsoever about that immense, extremely muscular guy towering inside that dome. Its not just cause he's so drastically large, it's the giant knots and slopes of muscles everywhere ... he was like some superhuman-league professional wrestler or football player! Shocked

I thought he was impressive, but not beautiful - beautiful-as-a-statue, I mean, but not beautiful-as-a-man. Too bulky. Plus, the sheer size of his leg's muscles and so on does seem to kinda relatively shrink, well, you know, his lesser attributes ... ;-)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:55 am
Oh. I seem to have missed a dozen of posts or so again, like always. The original haha was about the rabbit's funny David magnets. But y'all added some, too.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:56 am
Here's another weird thought....what if 'David' was replaced with 'Barney' from The Simpsons? It would have been more real...more visceral...but most likely not as highly praised at the time.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wierd thoughts
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:13:43