Wierd thoughts

nimh

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:42 pm
msolga wrote:
nimh! You're a chap! Surprised

Hell yeh, girl!

msolga wrote:
Hmmmmmm ... I'm mentally comparing Botticelli's Venus with Michelangelo's David .....

Botticelli's Venus isnt exactly rich in detail ...

That said, easy to admit that "David" isn't overwhelmingly impressively geared up ... when all the rest of him is so mindbogglingly big! Razz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:44 pm
Yeah, artists' interpretations!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:51 pm
nimh wrote:
msolga wrote:
nimh! You're a chap! Surprised

Hell yeh, girl!

Well, well, well ..... Pleased to meet you in your new incarnation! Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:53 pm
littlek wrote:
Yeah, artists' interpretations!

I've often thought that M's David is too short. That is, in relation to his other impressive attributes!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 09:06 pm
msolga wrote:
littlek wrote:
Hmmmmmm ... I'm mentally comparing Botticelli's Venus with Michelangelo's David .....

Hey! Leave me outta this! Y'all are gettin' personal.

David was meant to be seen from below...forced perspective. That's why his head is too big for his body...it looks just the right size when you stand below the statue. And, I might add, from that vantage point, he seems quite adequately endowed!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 09:15 pm
Eva wrote:

But, Eva, you are perfect in every way! Very Happy That curly long hair, blowing gently in the breeze, your elegant hands, your long legs & delicate feet balanced perfectly on that big shell ..... Ya gotta admit, David DOES look kinda, er, stumpy in comparision! Even if he was meant to be seen from below!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 09:43 pm
Eva wrote:
msolga wrote:
littlek wrote:

David was meant to be seen from below...forced perspective. That's why his head is too big for his body...it looks just the right size when you stand below the statue. And, I might add, from that vantage point, he seems quite adequately endowed!

Haha! I took a photo of the David replica outside the florence art museum.... it was from the ground up.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 09:48 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwDZAiwWuC5YkyoZT2gS0SPmQGXBFT50!aTSHr7okQhhygd*ab6Amtv63!CTEeKEY90Z9qZj!FIf6K!wNnMzoo*LX2yM8qWSHlKmteolaug/FirenzaDavid.jpg

(....got it....)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:16 am
msolga wrote:
But, Eva, you are perfect in every way! Very Happy That curly long hair, blowing gently in the breeze, your elegant hands, your long legs & delicate feet balanced perfectly on that big shell ..... Ya gotta admit, David DOES look kinda, er, stumpy in comparision! Even if he was meant to be seen from below!

Why thank you, msolga! I'm rather linear (2D), while David (bless his big muscles) is decidedly 3D.

Did you know David was originally a political statement? Fascinating story. (See if I can remember this...correct me if I am wrong.) After many years of autocratic rule, the Medicis were finally out of power, and Florence became a free republic. But the Medicis were still hanging around outside the city. The statue was placed in the town's main square, just outside the door of the Palazzo Vecchio (former home of the Medicis and now their town hall.) The meaning was very clear to the populace. David was the idealistic young Republic, and the Medicis were Goliath. David is staring at the Medicis, daring them to reenter their home, ready for a fight. The republic didn't last long, however, and when the Medicis returned to power, Michelangelo wisely (and hastily) left Florence for Rome.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:21 am
No, I didn't know that, Eva. Interesting!

littlek

I have to admit, he DOES look much better looking up!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:26 am
I have a naked magnetic Venus and David on my fridge - with magnetic clothes.

People love 'em...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:27 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:28 am
I'll post a figure of the statue I took. (Wait for it to show up in the gallery...I don't know how to post it here.) Everyone's used to seeing the statue from a certain angle, but it looks MUCH different from others. That's the brilliance of it. I took one of him looking straight at you. He looks like a skinny teenager! (Which is a little more in keeping with the Biblical account.) From the ground below, he looks much stronger...much more inspiring. Young Michelangelo jumpstarted his career with this statue.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:30 am
here he is - my very own one - same clothes!

http://www.funkyfridge.com/images/FF-DALO-L.jpg
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:32 am
Well...how did this thread turn from weird thoughts to sexy talk? I blame nimh, just cuz...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:33 am
I'll be interested to see that, Eva.

Very funny, dlowan.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:35 am
And Venus - (mine has better clothes - leopard skin skirts, and great suits...)

http://www.funkyfridge.com/images/FF-VECL-L.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:37 am
dinna work
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:38 am
cavfancier wrote:
Well...how did this thread turn from weird thoughts to sexy talk? I blame nimh, just cuz...

littlek & I had a conversation about the design/aesthetics of the male & female bodies ... about possible flaws in the original designs. It grew & grew ... nimh was the only male willing to participate & had some interesting things to say about dangly bits & other things. Very Happy
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:38 am
Whew! I thought you were going to post a nudie shot of me! Thank heavens it's just Bougereau.

I'd seen the David magnets...didn't know about the Venus. Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wierd thoughts
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:55:32