The sun doesn't produce skin cancer, sunscreens do!

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 02:23 pm
Sun doesn't produce skin cancer, sunscreens do!

well, that is very clear, isn't it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 5,750 • Replies: 79

jespah

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 02:29 pm
And it's very wrong, too.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:41 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
There is a huge amount of evidence that sun produces cancer. Is a really really REALLY HUGE NUCLEAR FISION REACTOR.

It will be like denying that nuclear bombs, x rays, or uranium (altough all differents types of radiation) do not cause cancer.

Sunscreens are made with organic compounds that naturally absorb UV rays. For example many compounds are derivate from petroleum jelly (Vaseline), try putting a jar petroleum jelly under a common black light lamp on the dark and then turn on the common lights.

contrex

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:47 pm
Like I said, an attention troll.
farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 06:19 pm
@contrex,
I have completed a preemptive chemo therapy after removal of a core melanoma. The concern for metastisis has prompted the chemo and Im now getting over the whole thing.
Ive spent years in the sun in tropical nd desert un. Ive had severql bsl cells cancers and two melanomas before this. I was a sunburnt dude from my life in the field .
Once and while I wore some Zinc Oxide on my face but for my body, it was usually long sleeve linen or 2 momi cotton shirts. However my first several years in field work, I was burnt frequently and badly on my body core.(that's where all the cancers showed up) Im kind of swarthy but my skin has aged like a hunk of snake skin.

I wish Id have worn sun lotion or suncreens, but I couldn't stand the ooky slimey feel.

Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 12:44 am
@luismtzzz,
Quote:
There is a huge amount of evidence that sun produces cancer. Is a really really REALLY HUGE NUCLEAR FISION REACTOR.

It will be like denying that nuclear bombs, x rays, or uranium (altough all differents types of radiation) do not cause cancer.

Sunscreens are made with organic compounds that naturally absorb UV rays. For example many compounds are derivate from petroleum jelly (Vaseline), try putting a jar petroleum jelly under a common black light lamp on the dark and then turn on the common lights.

Really? are you sure??
btwt the sun is NOT a REALLY HUGE NUCLEAR FISION REACTOR.
that is for sure.

And how come that the people get skin cancer on places where the sun doesn't shine?
How come there is more skincancer at places with less sun, than on places with lots of sun?
How come skincancer increased when sunscreens where introduced?
How come there is more skincancer with people who work indoors, and less skincancer ate people who work outdoors in the sun (lifeguards e.g.)?

hmmmmmm

really something to ponder, isn't it?
luismtzzz

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:41 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
btwt the sun is NOT a REALLY HUGE NUCLEAR FISION REACTOR.
that is for sure.

It is a nuclear reactor. It is transforming hidrogen to helium. It is a massive sphere of hidrogen and helium plasma with an iron diamond on it center. The same as every other star in the universe.

It is a basic science fact.

You really have all your facts backwards. I really think you are just trolling around. I really hope you are just trolling around.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:49 am
@luismtzzz,
Quote:
It is a nuclear reactor. It is transforming hidrogen to helium. It is a massive sphere of hidrogen and helium plasma with an iron diamond on it center. The same as every other star in the universe.

it really really isa wrong.

Quote:
It is a basic science fact.

No it is not

Quote:
You really have all your facts backwards. I really think you are just trolling around. I really hope you are just trolling around.

Nope, YOU have it all backwards.

There are scientific studies showing the statement I have made with regards to cancer and sunscreen, very interesting you don't adress those questions!
contrex

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 04:02 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Nothing to ponder. You are making this up. You are a wanker.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 04:09 am
@contrex,
Quote:
Nothing to ponder. You are making this up. You are a wanker.

Well, tell me then exactly what I am making up?

It is very easy to dismiss it, but Ithought this was a discussion forum.
Or can I only write things you agree upon?
farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 09:38 am
@Quehoniaomath,
you seem to want to believe that skin cncers are a product of some industrial conspiracy and NOT, as common sense would dictate, the product of far better diagnostics and greater interest in our own abilities in preventive medicine.

I could have left all these skin cancers go and live with the basal cell and melanomas until they grew big enough to be concerned or until one metasticized and caused my death,
instead, we have really great specialty practices in med science (like dermatology) where great leaps at diagnostics and imaging have enabled us to catch and treat these skin cancers earlier .

As far as the incidence, the largest numbers of increases have occurred in the Northern latitudes (It seems that melanoma incidences in the southern latitudes has plateaued
and even declined in some areas like AUstralia, yet INCREASED by as much as 47% in places like the UK. HMMM, could tanning beds have anything to do with this?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:58 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
And how come that the people get skin cancer on places where the sun doesn't shine?

Why would people that live where the sun doesn't shine need to use sunscreen?

Perhaps you can relate some anecdotes from personal experience about being where the sun doesn't shine and why you would use sunscreen. Does it act as lube?
luismtzzz

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 06:11 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
Quote:

it really really isa wrong.

Please explain me how you think the sun and the rest of the stars works.

giujohn

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 06:43 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
This is a discussion forum. Problem is you aren't discussing anything. I'm curious...does your mom know you're using the computer? You're like the ten year old...no I take that back, the 7 year old who's retort is, "I know you are, but what am I?"
Do you honestly believe the counter, "Is not!", is indicative of an adult engaged in a meaningful discussion?

And then you ask why I say you have zero credibilty? You are in a word, incredulous. And if you are not 7, may I suggest you be checked for a TBI?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 11:50 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
This is a discussion forum. Problem is you aren't discussing anything. I'm curious...does your mom know you're using the computer? You're like the ten year old...no I take that back, the 7 year old who's retort is, "I know you are, but what am I?"
Do you honestly believe the counter, "Is not!", is indicative of an adult engaged in a meaningful discussion?

And then you ask why I say you have zero credibilty? You are in a word, incredulous. And if you are not 7, may I suggest you be checked for a TBI?

wow, relieved now you have spewed you AH's?
Considering these rather useless Ad Hominems, I wonder who is the one who doesn't discuss? Wink
I am not into AH at all, mostly frustrated people are.
I really think THAT is rude, unpolite and very immature,I really do.
So....
Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 11:51 pm
@luismtzzz,
Quote:
Please explain me how you think the sun and the rest of the stars works.

think electricity and plasma. That is a much better explanation.
http://electric-cosmos.org/sun.htm

Furthermore the sun itself is COLD

I know how bizarre it sound, but think about it.
farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 03:49 am
@Quehoniaomath,
ahh, so theres another fringe science hes into. that's why he fears discussing anything.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 04:17 am
This bullshit thread can use a sound track . . .

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 04:18 am
@farmerman,
Good fortune on your pre-emptive therapy. Ive been burnt through some of my shirts, too. Getting old is good, getting older not so much. I'm starting to look critically at all the freckles on my arms.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 04:23 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

Not really.

The sun is, however, a giant fusion reactor. And it will cause cancer through UV rays. You're just too contrarian to admit it.

1. Forums
  2. » The sun doesn't produce skin cancer, sunscreens do!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:02:53