Uploading Videos to Facebook

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 11:48 am
I have a video capture card I've owned for a few months now and I am just starting to capture my own old school videos from back in the day of my family activities, things I've digitized and such. I also like to capture free to air programmes on local channels here in Jamaica and clipsw of the news and other TV shows. I love watching CVMTV's and TVJ's entertainment programmes. I don't know if Facebook allows you to upload video clips that are roughly thirty minutes as my video captures of my own family videos and clips, in batches of my TVs shows that are free and free to air. Well one show is typically 29 minutes and another is around 21 minutes. Can i upload unlimited amount of files to Facebook and can i upload unlimited video sizes of videos in terms of capacity to Facebook? Is it allowed to upload such length files and more importantly TV shows and clips i capture from TV or may see on YouTube or in my journeys across the web. These shows are simply, basic TV shows that air freely on TV. Can I upload them and them embed on my blogs as I would with a YouTube video. I don't want to upload to YouTube as that's an old thing. I have a YouTube channel but I want to branch of into Dailymotion and Facebook which the former gives me no issues. YouTube restricts some content and can be quite problematic. Don't ask why, it would take the whole day to explain my issues with it. Sometimes simple videos are uploadable, sometimes they give me issues with videos and TV shows on local TV but Facebook may not necessarily do this. Is what I am about to do okay. I googled it but see no such violations in this. I am just curious. Can I upload to Facebook for others to see and then embed on my blog as well? Is Facebook cool with this and the file sizes as well, roughly 150 megabytes the most for one show and 110 megabytes at most for another as it's shorter as well as my family videos? Is Facebook's capacity for each user limited or limited for each month? If it's too long will they split it up for me so I can upload the episodes clip by clip or piece by piece? How does this work?

jespah

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 11:57 am
@abe-charles,
Load your videos to YouTube and link to them from Facebook. I'm not so sure what you mean by YouTube being an "old thing". YouTube is the second-largest search engine, behind Google.

As for videos of TV shows that aired freely on TV, they are not free (that's what advertising is for) and they are not your intellectual property. Generally, short clips are fine, but complete episodes are often pulled (and that tends to depend upon how quickly the true owners of said intellectual property can yell at YouTube, which will subsequently yell at you). Same with Facebook - full episodes are going to (eventually) get yanked. Just because you may be seeing something online right now does mean that anyone other than the IP owner has the rights to it. It just means it hasn't been pulled yet.
0 Replies