Does ESP exist?

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 06:03 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: I have no idea if "demons" exist or not. I simply live my life as though they do not...and I would advise anyone not to fret over the possibility that they do.

I don't know about atheists/agnostics, but Christians certainly have no need to "fret"..Wink
farmerman

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 06:09 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
ever hear of thin man demons?

me neither, till I heard this bulslhit radio show about demons that attack you in your sleep.
You aren't that fucked up are you?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 06:27 pm
Quote:
Farmerman asked: ever hear of thin man demons?
me neither, till I heard this bulslhit radio show about demons that attack you in your sleep. You aren't that fucked up are you?

Demons might once have been physical life-forms which later evolved into spiritual entities, or don't you believe in evolution?
Jesus said there are different kinds of demons (Mark 9:29, Matt 12:45)
I've not heard of the "thin man" demon unless it's the Anorexia Demon which makes young women them think they're fat so they'll starve themselves to death.

As for ones that attack in your sleep, there's a well-known phenomenon called 'Old Hag Syndrome' which many women have experienced .
They suddenly finds themself awake in the night but completely paralysed, unable to move or speak.
Then a 'thing' enters the room looking like an evil old lady, it squats on her chest and begins strangling her, she then loses consciousness, and when she wakes up in the morning she's shaken but fine.

Doctors call it The Old Hag Syndrome, but they can't explain why its always an old woman, never an old man, or animal, or anything else.
The phenomenon is all over the net, just type 'Old Hag Syndrome'.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub1/oldhagsyndrome.jpg
MWal

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 06:50 pm
I know telepathy exist. I talk to plants, in all their beauty they tell me how high they can make me.
giujohn

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 07:15 pm
ESP

(Extra Stupid Pontification)
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 02:04 am
@MWal,
Quote:
I know telepathy exist. I talk to plants, in all their beauty they tell me how high they can make me.

And just saying nothing...again.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 06:21 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:

Demons might once have been physical life-forms which later evolved into spiritual entities, or don't you believe in evolution?

Evolutionary evidence grew by little steps until it attained a factual level . "Belief" in story book characters has no evidence other than descending chains of supportive fairy tales . The only thing that's "evolved" was the story .
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 03:14 am
if people just realized how much evidence is out there...
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 08:16 am
Quote:
Farmerman said: Evolutionary evidence grew by little steps until it attained a factual level

I used to think so too until I read Dawkins 'Climbing Mt Improbable' some years ago, because instead of him showing how creatures evolved smoothly in an unbroken smooth progression, I found that the book was full of missing links, holes, hunches and guesses.
I snail-mailed him to say how disappointed I was, and he replied "Of course evolution is full of missing links.." as if it was perfectly normal!
So I've regarded the Theory of Evolution as a crock ever since, my view is that evolution DOES exist, but it's by no means as cut and dried as evolutionists like to think, and it needed a guiding hand behind it over the millennia to keep it on track.
Senator Johnny McCain sums it up nicely-
"I believe in evolution, but when I jike the Grand Canyon at sunset, I see the hand of God there also"
giujohn

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 04:59 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I also read 'Climbing Mt Improbable' I found it quite good, well researched, concise and informative. There are plenty of "missing links" but the term is a misnomer. The proper term is common ancester. @ things: first fossils are extremely rare and if your looking for one of a "flying turtle" or a " frunkey" there aint one...thats not how evolution works. But check out the 47 million yr old fossil caled Ida...read that book.
Those who believe in evolution and are trying to have their cake and eat it to, i.e.; hedge their bet.
Either it's god or not...no such thing as a little bit of evolution. Thats like being slightly pregnant.

And for those who disclaim evolution I would like some one to explain reverse evolution as with for instance a whale; who at one time had limbs lived on land as a mammal and now lives in the sea.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 05:23 pm
People "believe" all sorts of things...so I always wonder why they cannot "believe" in a god with enough sense to create living creatures in a way that matches what science is finding actually happened.

No reason in the world not to "believe" in both a god...and evolution. A god can certainly do its work the way things apparently happened here on Earth.
giujohn

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 05:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
occams razor... the idea of god is to perposterous.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 07:06 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

occams razor...

Occam's Razor is one of the most pathetic philosophical concepts ever. Using it more often leads to error than truth.

Quote:
...the idea of god is to perposterous.

The idea of a god is no more preposterous than the idea of A Big Bang...or any other attempt to explain why all this IS.
giujohn

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 08:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
So you dont believe that the universe is expanding??? Even in the face of overwhelming evidence?
JTT

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 08:51 pm
@giujohn,
Frank isn't an evidence based kinda guy.
giujohn

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 08:55 pm
@JTT,
Dont I know it!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 09:07 pm
Quote:
Glujohn said: I also read 'Climbing Mt Improbable' I found it quite good, well researched, concise and informative

Here's how the eye evolved according to Dawks-
"It is not difficult then for rudimentary lens-like objects to come into existence spontaneously.
Any old lump of halfway transparent jelly need only assume a curved shape" (Climbing Mount Improbable', page146)

Dawks is a funny guy..Smile
He's therefore saying lenses appeared "spontaneously" out of thin air as a lump of transparent jelly!
Furthermore, he's saying the lump then decided to form itself into a curved lens shape all on its own!
Ha ha, he skips over stuff like how it decided to make a screen for itself (retina) and then wire itself into the brain!
Like i've said before, his book is not a smooth stroll up the slopes of Mt Improbable, but is full of chasms that he tries to skip over..Smile

The retina (below) wired itself up on its own according to Dawks-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/retina1.gif
giujohn

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 09:18 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
O Romeo, Romeo!!
Yes Ive seen this before taken out of context...in his book he clearly states that the eye evolved from a light sensitve patch that showed a little movement thus allowed prey to avoid a preditors approach. This mutuaiton was the afected by natural selection in that it was very succesful.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 11:42 pm
Quote:
Glujohn said:...in his book he clearly states that the eye evolved from a light sensitve patch..

There again, Dawks skips over vital points such as what made thousands of cells suddenly simultaneously mutate and decide to become light sensitive?
As i said earlier, when I open-mindedly bought Climbing Mt Imp some years ago, I fully expected Dawks to explain things in minute detail, but all he does is skip over the details and I was very disappointed.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 02:46 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

So you dont believe that the universe is expanding??? Even in the face of overwhelming evidence?

I don't do "believing" of any kind.

If you are asking to I accept that scientist think the universe is expanding...and that have scientific information that seems to validate that...

...why of course I do.

But what does the fact that the universe seems to be expanding have to do with whether or not "the idea of a god is preposterous?"