ESP and your pet

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 09:43 pm
Have you any tales of ESP contact with a pet ?

I was photographing a stray bull in the streets of Agra. I was also photographing it from 75 feet away using a 200mm telephoto lens.
I was attempting to make the Bull look scary in the photograph for a sensational type image. Upon thinking this, the bull seemed to turn it's head and see me, it then ran across the road, through some parked cars, into the parking lot and knocked me over.

Everyone was so surprised until I told them what I was thinking during the incident. Then they were simply amazed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,983 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 03:53 am
Maybe it thought you were stealing its soul with the camera? Teehee.

Were you hurt, by the way?

I wonder, more seriously, if your fixed gaze (which is a very aggressive move to an animal) was heightened even more by the "eye" of the camera catching the light, or whatever, and interpreted as a threat or challenge by the highly agitated bull?

My first siamese was said, by my housemates, to know half an hour before I came home - and to go and stand by the front door and howl.

No trick - except there was no predictability as to when or by what means I came home.

I am aware that these claims of pet prescience do not do well when investigated, though.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 10:34 pm
My cat is at the door crying 90% of the time I come home..no matter what the schedule....I think shes just whacked though and hope that she isnt there all day.
I agree with the agressive stance however as being a possibility for the bull...sorry to hear it and hope your cameras survived unscathed along with you!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 10:47 pm
Saw a show about this some time ago. It concerned a lady in England and her dog. They deliberately tried to confuse the dog -- different times, different routes home, different cars -- but the dog always 'knew' when she was on her way home and went to the window to watch for her.

My current doggy recognizes the sound of our cars and will react when she hears them coming, but that's not e.s.p., just habit and memory. My prior doggy, though, would go to the door several minutes before she could have possibly heard a car (and she'd go for all members of the family including extended family who didn't come here that often). I would go look out the window and see nothing and then, sure enough, 3 or 4 minutes later somebody would be there. Kind of weird.
0 Replies