how about a card reading?
4 aces and a joker =?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 02:38 pm
husker wrote:
how about a card reading?
4 aces and a joker =?

At least $25 I would think, if it's on the street. Much more if it's a supposed 'real' psychic.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:21 pm
I read cards occassionally - not connected to any religious belief though, and not for other people. Everyone I know who successfully reads cards or interprets astrology only does it for themselves, and it very rarely works on other people. Essentially, it's not a mystical or magical way of getting at information you don't already have - it's a form of meditation, to get at information you already DO have, subconsciously or something.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:24 pm
The last time I got a fortune cookie, there was no fortune in it. Sad
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:25 pm
Let's have a pity party for Foxfyre. Sad
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:31 pm
Foxfyre, here's your chance to try again.

http://www.badcookie.com/
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 09:12 pm
I found a fortune for Foxfyre: "This fortune entitle you to $2.00 off broccoli beef, Monday to Thursday, 11-4, pick up only."
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 09:15 pm
Well thanks guys, I think.

I do like broccoli and beef Smile
0 Replies

jora

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 10:08 pm
Cavfancier--
What you said about not considering just your sun sign when analyzing your personality is a good point. My moon is in Scorpio. I always thought that sign described me perfectly.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 10:16 pm
Well, if you cosider ALL of your various signs, you're bound to find one that fits you. Everyone has all 12, but they're all in like different houses or some crap.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 09:36 am
Well, there's the sun sign, the rising sign, and the moon sign. We generally do it in reverse, and figure all those out from when we were born. But if your parents were paying attention on the night of your birth, they'd know what all of these are, and they'd be able to work out pretty well when you were born. I think that's pretty cool. It's all very regular, a very elegant method of marking time. Creating a mythology around it passes the time at night, when you've got no TV or radio, provides a sort or meditational aid (as rufio noted), and helps reinforce your knowledge of how the whole system works.

Fer instance -- before clocks and standardized calendars and big fancy churches who kept track of all of this stuff, how would you know when to go meet your cousin in the next town to, I dunno, trade seeds? Well, you do it when the sun sets in Taurus and the moon rises in Virgo, or some such thing. Really, I'm very impressed with how much information people, most of whom were illiterate, were able to glean just by looking at the sky and telling stories about it.
0 Replies