vikorr

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 10:48 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/boston-police-confirm-man-dubbed-boston-tickler-is-no-urban-myth/story-fnihsmjt-1226935771810
Quote:
POLICE are hunting a man who breaks into the homes of students and watches them sleep or tickles their feet.

There have been at least 10 confirmed sightings of a creepy intruder dubbed the Boston Tickler, whom many in the neighbourhood had long believed to be an urban myth. At least three students reported having a run-in with him on the same night last month.

“This is no myth,” Boston Police Sergeant Michael O’Hara said.

The Tickler has been spotted in Boston’s Brighton area, which is popular with students living off campus, Sgt O’Hara said.

Victims have described him as a 172cm black male of indeterminate age wearing dark clothing and a hoodie, he said.

Boston College junior Teddy Raddell told police he was jolted from sleep at 5am one Sunday in October by the sound of someone running down the stairs of the house he shares with several fellow students.

“I thought my roommate had fallen down the steps,” Mr Raddell told Boston.com. “But then he started yelling. I got up and he said that he had woken up to someone touching his feet.”

As in all the cases, nothing was stolen.

“The guy didn’t take anything and there were laptops and wallets out in the main room,” Mr Raddell said.

Another Boston College junior, Daniel Marenzi, said he woke up late — also on a Sunday in October — to his feet being tickled.

“I thought my friend was just trying to annoy me, but I soon realised it wasn’t anyone I knew,” Mr Marenzi said. “I freaked out and sat up but he was already on the way out.”

He said he and his housemates now lock all their doors.
Even more worrying, several witnesses said the man watched them through their windows as he committed a sex act.

Sgt O’Hara said: “Absolutely students should be concerned. You don’t know what this guy is going to do or if he has a weapon. You need to lock your doors. It’s not as safe as you think.”

Police investigations were stepped up after three students reported encounters with The Tickler on the same night — April 7 this year.

...more story through the link.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,101 • Replies: 2

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 03:29 am
@vikorr,

wondering if this nutjob and the Tree-killing Ninja Rolling Eyes are one in the same...

R(smh)P
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 06:52 am
I've taken to carrying around a large feather.

One can never be too prepared.
0 Replies