Tue 27 May, 2014 07:55 pm
I just recently bleached my hair blond and applied a lilac toner which had the desired color I was after but after using my Blond Brilliance toning shampoo for cool blonds it stripped(to me everyone else says there is still a lilac hue to it but I don't see it) the lilac out and its more white blond now, which is awesome but not the color I originally had or wanted. I did it all myself(with the help of my boyfriend) but talked to the girls at Sallys before doing anything. They told me I need the toning shampoo even after I used the lilac toner, which was a permanent. I really need suggestions on upkeep and why it took out the light lilac tint to my hair. Thanks! xx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,195 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

vividamnesia

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 04:09 am
@countysaw,
A lilac toner 's purpose is to tone out any yellow tones after bleaching for the goal of white/platinum hair. It usually goes lilac for only 1-2 washes no matter the shampoo. Toner is NOT permanent color it is a toner ie: a diluted pigment mixed with a lo-volume developer/deposit only. It bonds to the cuticles surface only & detaches easily. I would recommend you get a punky color/manic panic etc. in purple/violet & mix a small amount of the color with water then soaking your hair in it. The more color you add to the h2o, the stronger the tone of purple/violet. Unfortunately all fashion colors are never permanent due to their vibrancy needing to be on fairly lightened hair which is porous but this method will last longer for your lilac wishes.
0 Replies