hawkeye10

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 12:05 am
@firefly,
Quote:
I think I see his Autism as accounting more for his basic problems than you do. It was the Autism that made him different, that made him not fit in, that made him less able to adequately function socially, and to feel envy and jealously of those who did. And his Autism may have contributed to the development of his mental health problems, and helped to obscure them, from both his family and the professionals who tried to treat him.

That is to say " made him less able to navigate the societal modern anti male bias than most men can manage without become homicidal". Does not mean that the circumstances he found himself in should be condoned.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 01:40 am
@firefly,
If Rodger was a Moslem he'd be called a terrorist, black a criminal, but because he's white we get a lot of faux concern from a bunch of social misfits blaming society and feminism for what he did.

There was no justification in what he did, he was a criminal pure and simple.
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 01:40 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Well found soul,

I'd still like to give you a thoughtful response to your request that I summarize my take on Rodger. However, I had extra work dropped on my lap tonight that I hadn't expected. Tomorrow's going to be a long day at work too, but I'll try to get to that for you tomorrow night late ( I also have several things I'd like to add to my MRM thread.) I also see that firefly is being completely ignorant and disrespectful in regards to what I wrote again too. So I'm sure I'll end up addressing that as well (And these particular recent comments she's making prove that she's completely clueless as to the mind of men in general and particularly young men.) I know she reads my goddamn posts. If she feels the need to do that, the least she could do is read them carefully and actually think about what I'm saying...

I really get the feeling that A2K may be comprised of mostly older and elderly members, because it seems as though they have unlimited time to post here (probably because they're retired.) I mean, I'm pretty sure that firefly and glitterbag's combined ages alone would be roughly 370 years old...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the site and many people I've interacted with, but it's time consuming. I've only been here for a short while and have sacrificed sleep many times to reply to as many posts as I could.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 01:58 am
@nononono,
Quote:
I mean, I'm pretty sure that firefly and glitterbag's combined ages alone would be roughly 370 years old...
both claim to be retired. I am 50, and have a business to run, but I use A2K as an escape. Do you not have a real phone (smart phone)?
nononono

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 02:12 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I am 50, and have a business to run, but I use A2K as an escape. Do you not have a real phone (smart phone)?

Haha, I like the site a lot for the same reason. I have a phone, but I don't like writing on it for much other than texts and such, facebook. Plus I gotta sleep sometimes! I work two jobs and have friends I like to see in the real world too!

Quote:
both claim to be retired

Didn't know that, but I would've guessed it. And with all that free time, you'd think they'd do a little more research and sound a little less ignorant and senile!

0 Replies

nononono

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 02:14 am
@hawkeye10,
By the way hawkeye, what kind of business? If you don't mind me asking?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 02:42 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:

By the way hawkeye, what kind of business? If you don't mind me asking?

restaurant. High stress. I go outside, take ten, and look at A2K. It takes 15 seconds to get away from my reality. I used to read to do the same thing but I rarely have the time now. I often dont have time to post but I start thinking about a response, and post when I get home.

Unwinding after work is the same thing, most chefs are alcoholics or drug addicts because it takes hours to wind down after a service. I tend to drink, ****, sit by my pond and/or write here to unwind.

I spent 6 years in Germany and I love how the germans live. When I am on the job I am all in, but when I am off the job i forget about it, even if I am off the job for only 10 minutes.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 02:45 am
@firefly,
Quote:
It's absurd for anyone to say you can't understand Elliot Rodger because you've never been a male. You've done considerable research and given considerable thought to what you've learned about him, and that's what qualifies you to offer conclusions and offer opinions about this particular individual.

Thanks Firefly. I personally was being "general" but it's nice to know that my time and effort isn't wasted.

Quote:
I'm surprised that any male would try to promote this extremely socially disabled, and extremely disturbed, young man as being at all "normal" or typical for his age and gender. To suggest that, is a terribly derogatory view of young men, given what Rodger revealed about himself in both his manifesto and his killing spree.

It's strange. Not even I have bought up his Autism "possibility" in the last few threads, rather at the beginning but it certainly is very clear to me in any event and you as well that Elliot did have Autism and Autism does play an enormous role in how you perceive things in life, good and bad. I believe that it was "thought" that Elliot's Mother clearly mentioned it in order to obtain additional annual funding in looking after Elliot. That they were treating him for social dis-function but "not" Autism. At least that is what Elliot would want us to believe, that he was shy, quiet, awkward. But he knew he had to be on medication but one he chose not to take after reading the side effects. He could not bring himself to state that he was "Autistic" but he could bring himself to state he was a Virgin.

Think about that last sentence.

Being a Virgin for a male over 16, 18, 21 is like being dead. Being Autistic is embarrassing. Being a Virgin for a male at 21 is embarrassing, (if not by choice). Yet people learn to live with being a Virgin and work around it, work with it and work towards changing it (if the can) .

I once spoke to someone who claimed to be one at 41, I've told this story here somewhere before. From the other Forum. His "words" and we will never know if true or not, suggested his "Mother" helped him out in the bath and then it got worse. Whether it was fantasy or reality, I do believe he was a virgin at 41. At 40 he told me he was going to kill himself. Try as I did, nothing worked. At 41 he was "found" dead. His Family would not confirm anything with me and I didn't want to ask. Point of this being, there is a stigma to this and I need to place the Autism with this as to why he turned so violent and angry.

For the most part it's believed to be from a brain injury of some description but I guess that's Science.

Autism as you've linked and spent considerable amount of time analysing and providing information thanks : ) Accounts for all of his non social interactions, does it account for his ego? It accounts for his intelligence, does it account for his anger?

Quote:
Not only was Elliot Rodger not normal, he came across as somewhat weird and creepy, which is why other men at his college weren't comfortable around him either. He made no male friends. Why women ignored him is fairly easy to understand--or does one have to be a woman to understand that.

Smile She laughed out loud.

There is another side here, the games. WOW, his Father's Movies, the addiction, the "type" of games and what they stand for, the Fantasy and that kept going as I said he gleaned what his Grandfather went through and made that into his own fantasy about women and what he would do if he was "GOD"...

There was a character that he really liked, believed in. I'd have to look back but I am betting that, that character is the character he played in his videos.

You stated he played an act. We can see that, where did he get that from ? I am betting it's from the character that he thought was awesome, he kept commenting on this "character" and defending when he had his assumed name, great have to go back a long way to locate his assumed name or google Smile

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 02:50 am
@nononono,
Quote:
I'd still like to give you a thoughtful response to your request that I summarize my take on Rodger. However, I had extra work dropped on my lap tonight that I hadn't expected. Tomorrow's going to be a long day at work too, but I'll try to get to that for you tomorrow night late ( I also have several things I'd like to add to my MRM thread.)

Doesn't matter when you reply but I'd prefer it to be "one post" in that regard.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the site and many people I've interacted with, but it's time consuming. I've only been here for a short while and have sacrificed sleep many times to reply to as many posts as I could.

That just means you are "addicted" now that is something you and Elliot have in common Smile

Quote:
I really get the feeling that A2K may be comprised of mostly older and elderly members, because it seems as though they have unlimited time to post here (probably because they're retired.) I mean, I'm pretty sure that firefly and glitterbag's combined ages alone would be roughly 370 years old...

And? Actually it's quite mixed. I wouldn't be here for 3 years if I didn't 1) enjoy myself 2) find a lot of the members really funny, fair, nice and caring and 3) age is but a number. I'm 51 going on 36 more than likely anyone you refer to as "retired" is actually enjoying their time finally and well deserved and actually have as I have diverted back somewhat in age, as we do, as we get older, because we can.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 03:43 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Being a Virgin for a male over 16, 18, 21 is like being dead. Being Autistic is embarrassing. Being a Virgin for a male at 21 is embarrassing, (if not by choice). Yet people learn to live with being a Virgin and work around it, work with it and work towards changing it (if the can) .

I once spoke to someone who claimed to be one at 41, I've told this story here somewhere before. From the other Forum. His "words" and we will never know if true or not, suggested his "Mother" helped him out in the bath and then it got worse. Whether it was fantasy or reality, I do believe he was a virgin at 41. At 40 he told me he was going to kill himself. Try as I did, nothing worked. At 41 he was "found" dead.

No, it is like being a ghost, like you are " here" like everyone else but you can not experience what everyone else is experiencing. After almost 30 years I can vividly recall walking through the campus at Michigan State at around 1 am one night after tripping on acid trying imagine what life was like for people who fucked, kissed and held each other. I could not, but I desperately wanted to find out. You see this in Elliots 140 pages, this " so close yet so far away", then it all boils down to do you hold on and fight for what you want or do you curl up and die. Elliot decided to curl up and die, but for some reason he decided that others needed to go with him.

Things turned out well for me, just weeks later I met my wife.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 04:14 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
No, it is like being a ghost, like you are " here" like everyone else but you can not experience what everyone else is experiencing. After almost 30 years I can vividly recall walking through the campus at Michigan State at around 1 am one night after tripping on acid trying imagine what life was like for people who fucked, kissed and held each other. I could not, but I desperately wanted to find out. You see this in Elliots 140 pages, this " so close yet so far away", then it all boils down to do you hold on and fight for what you want or do you curl up and die. Elliot decided to curl up and die, but for some reason he decided that others needed to go with him.

Things turned out well for me, just weeks later I met my wife

Very Bold Post Hawk.

Passion, often people post in Threads that they are passionate about and I can see that at least "two" men are. I'm glad you met your wife but you realise that you were "saved" he wasn't. You realise you were on drugs, acid is nothing like a prescribed pill, it's tripping material.

Like I said, the strong get through the weak don't but you are neglecting that Elliot wasn't like you, you had a choice, you fell and got back up, you didn't have a condition of sorts rather self inflicted wounds. That, someone if I may say, in the Army knew of those wounds and saved you.......

Buttermilk

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 04:22 am
@FOUND SOUL,
You need to stop comparing members of this board to a killer first off. No matter how extreme or how much you disagree with their view, I don't think anyone here is a killer. Killers don't waste time on chat boards. As I said previously I don't have the same complaints as Elliot does nor are my views on feminism, and women the same as his. To put it bluntly I get pussy (too much which is a blessing I don't have kids or a sexually transmitted disease), he didn't and that was one of his complaints. Alas we need to remember he was purely a sick individual who took the lives of innocent people I think we're losing focus on that fact.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 04:35 am
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
You need to stop comparing members of this board to a killer first off. No matter how extreme or how much you disagree with their view, I don't think anyone here is a killer. Killers don't waste time on chat boards. As I said previously I don't have the same complaints as Elliot does nor are my views on feminism, and women the same as his. To put it bluntly I get pussy (too much which is a blessing I don't have kids or a sexually transmitted disease), he didn't and that was one of his complaints. Alas we need to remember he was purely a sick individual who took the lives of innocent people I think we're losing focus on that fact

I'm comparing what they are providing.. Age, virginity, drugs, happiness verses age, virginity, a form of drugs un-happiness.

Hawk has an awesome, happy marriage from his account. Getting pussy is not the same, it gets a person off, releases a pressure but doesn't provide anything else.

He was sick, he had a decease, we all know that, I've called him evil. It has nothing to do with "pussy" it's to do with his anger, hatred, illness, everything really, he didn't belong here, he couldn't .

Do you wonder how this gene occurred within him? Autism?
Buttermilk

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 07:39 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I'm quite aware of his physiological disorder and the subsequent issues he was dealing with. However his mental issues was also evident in the videos on YouTube and yes, sex was very much relevant in his case as he mentioned this in his video.

I also beg to differ that sex doesn't provide nothing else. Sex, getting pussy, punany, smashing, banging the wagon, whatever slang term for sex (in this case a man sexing a woman) you prefer, can definitely provide a lot more than the release of pressure. Sex creates biochemical reactions in the brain that creates the feeling of attachment, and the endorphins that release from orgasm only exacerbates this feeling. To be honest people ought to have more sex but in Rogers case, sex would've done him more harm than good as sex wasn't a cure for whatever he was dealing with.

The misogyny he expressed is sympotmatic to the mental issues he was dealing with, nothing more. If we wanna look at a misogynistic culture perhaps a rap video would be the clearest evidence not Roger.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 03:31 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:

The average age at which U.S. teens, both male and female, lose their virginity is 17, and that's an average, meaning some are obviously losing it later.

One of Elliot's two childhood friends, I think it was James, was also a virgin, so among the two friends he did have, one of them had never experienced intercourse either, but that didn't help Elliot see the issue with less melodrama and more perspective. Everyone else in the world, including one of his two friends, was not living the life of sex and pleasure he imagined, nor were they apparently as unhinged by their virginity as he was.

You're right, everyone generally lives with being a virgin, and finding sexual release in other ways, like masturbation, until they have an opportunity to have intercourse, or until they want to have intercourse. His father sensibly tried encouraging him to be patient, beside offering him the option of a prostitute. But, with Elliot, the entire issue didn't seem as much about frustrated sexual impulses, as it did about his status compared to other men. Elliot was very status conscious. To have a beautiful girl in the passenger seat of his car would be a status symbol for him--particularly in the eyes of other men.

I'm not sure he wanted a real sexual relationship, or any kind of a relationship, with an actual woman. I'm not sure he wanted any kind of actual physical sexual contact with another person, it might have revolted or terrified him, because nothing in his manifesto suggested anything sensual about him, or any desire to touch/hold/kiss or make love to a woman.

Being a virgin at 21 wasn't embarrassing for Elliot Rodger--embarrassing things are generally difficult to talk about, or they aren't talked about, because they involve shame--but Elliot couldn't stop talking about it. He couldn't stop telling people he was a virgin, he drove his family and childhood friends nuts with the topic, it was almost the only thing he wanted to talk about, constantly, and he did the same when other students living in his housing complex asked him to join them for some conversation. He was obsessed with it--he made YouTube videos about it. He wasn't embarrassed, he was pissed off about being a virgin, because it was an "injustice" and an "insult" to him that stupid women weren't providing him with his sexual entitlements, given his obvious superiority compared to the men they did choose.

All of us can empathize with someone feeling lonely or alienated, or rejected, or despondent, and longing for a close relationship with someone that will make them feel loved and wanted--most of us have been in that situation at some time in our lives, so we know what it feels like. That wasn't Elliot Rodger, he had never been rejected by any females, he had never even approached or tried to initiate conversation with any females, he didn't want to even try giving an off-hand compliment to a female he passed on the street. He wanted strange women to intuitively and suddenly respond to his alleged "superiority" at a mere glance, throw themselves at him, and give him a life of pleasure and sex--a nice fantasy, but Elliot's craziness was that he fully expected this to be reality, and he hated women because they weren't conforming to his expectations/fantasies and providing him with what he wanted and felt he deserved.

And his thinking on this issue got increasingly paranoid and delusional, which is why he fixated on seeking revenge for the "horrible injustice" and personal "insult" done to him, by women not fulfilling his fantasies, and providing him with, what he saw, as his entitlements. His revenge was a demonstration of his grandiosity and narcissism.

And that is why he wasn't gathering much sympathy from the people in his life, except for the fellow woman-haters he met on the internet, or among most of those who read his manifesto after his death, who tended to see him as whining like a spoiled brat, and more misogynistic than someone longing for a woman to love who would love him, and that fairly unsympathetic reaction came from both males and females.

I don't know that being Autistic is embarrassing, although it can certainly hamper one's social functioning, and that can contribute to envy and jealousy, and it can create social frustrations that can lead to anger. But, like everything else, Autism affects different individuals differently, and Elliot did not give a clear indication of how it affected him, and he generally lacked objectivity or insight about his social problems--he pretty much blamed others.

I just think we can't disregard the fact that he likely suffered from a form of Autism, that this was part of his make-up, although that certainly doesn't explain everything about his personality, or his values, or his mental health problems, or why he turned into a cold-blooded mass murderer, it's just a piece of the puzzle we are trying to understand. But I think we're going to need to hear from some of the mental health professionals who worked with him, or one of his childhood friends, or more members of his family, to understand more about how Autism might have affected him, and how it affected him over the span of his life, and I doubt those people really want to speak out, nor do they have to.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 03:49 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
To have a beautiful girl in the passenger seat of his car would be a status symbol for him--particularly in the eyes of other men

Annnnnnd what woman would want to be that handbag? Or a handbag, unless she was after money therefore power which is what I believe Elliot believed would score him such a woman. What guy goes and buys 10,000 lottery tickets (per-say) to try to score that handbag. Did he see originally his Father scoring a handbag so quick..... Was he selective with his thought pattern and that thought, lived on never to be changed.

Quote:
I'm not sure he wanted a real sexual relationship, or any kind of a relationship, with an actual woman. I'm not sure he wanted any kind of actual physical sexual contact with another person, it might have revolted or terrified him, because nothing in his manifesto suggested anything sensual about him, or any desire to touch/hold/kiss or make love to a woman.
I agree with this. I don't believe he was capable of love. You stated something before how he never spoke of his Sister, but he did leave her a message " whore" shirt didn't want to write that word : ) By degrading her and talking about her sexual encounter with her boyfriend. He did leave a message also for his Step-Mother " I'm going to kill you" only it didn't eventuate and he left one for his Mother, " You're useless, you should have married the Millionaire" ... and the message to his Father? Other than apparently losing respect. You're right, there was nothing sensual in his written words. But, he did constantly state he wanted a woman to "kiss him".

Quote:
Being a virgin at 21 wasn't embarrassing for Elliot Rodger--embarrassing things are generally difficult to talk about, or they aren't talked about, because they involve shame--but Elliot couldn't stop talking about it.

Such as his illness, though he mentioned the drugs referring to the side effects, so clearly he also acknowledged he had a mental problem he wasn't hiding that but he didn't go into it, talk about it.

Quote:
And his thinking on this issue got increasingly paranoid and delusional

And I suspect this is why you wish to know just what was in his system.

If he knew he was ill, chose not to take a certain drug, chose to drink if he ventured out, took a drug, what did he do at home. And, did that play a part in his ever increasing hatred of, well life, the World itself and everyone in it.

Quote:
I just think we can't disregard the fact that he likely suffered from a form of Autism, that this was part of his make-up, although that certainly doesn't explain everything about his personality, or his values, or his mental health problems, or why he turned into a cold-blooded mass murderer
I think we both agree and have all the way, that Autism was only a part of all of this, not "the reason".

My Cousin's child is Autistic, he's a darling but can't speak, but shows love. I've read up a bit years ago and you find Autistic people with amazing talent and they smile. Most of them always smile.

So whilst he may have had Autism, there was certainly something more sinister about him, something more terribly wrong about him than just Autism. So embarrassed may not be the right word, I tend to think he knew there was something "more" wrong with him.

nononono

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 04:42 am
Wow!

...and this is why I love women!

http://37.media.tumblr.com/40e7f45670cde926c503c22370033fd0/tumblr_mlqeplRoob1s99ytzo1_1280.jpg
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 05:14 am
http://k31.kn3.net/taringa/4/9/7/3/5/6/2/jorgepadilla1/146.jpg?5006
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 05:16 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bhrglx5CQAEmSNY.jpg
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 05:17 am
http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/cm/cosmopolitanuk/images/1Y/womenagainstfeminism6.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Elliot Rodger
  3. » Page 66
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:39:46