oralloy

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 02:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
reports are he had a diagnosis from a doctor, which makes him mentally ill using standard word definitions.

All I've seen is that he was diagnosed with Asperger's. That's not a mental illness.

It takes a court-ordered involuntary commitment before someone loses their right to carry guns.

hawkeye10 wrote:
Did you watch that youtube video he did in his car?

Not with my dial-up connection.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 02:57 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
If, after wasting BILLIONS of $$$$$$,
people STILL cannot be stopped from acquiring marijuana or heroin,
is there a reason to believe that a gun prohibition will be more successful, Hawkeye???

I am not optimistic, but I think we have to try.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 02:59 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
"I will punish all females for the crime of depriving me of sex," he wrote.

I will destroy all women because I can never have them. I will make them all suffer for rejecting me."

"You forced me to suffer all my life, now I will make you all suffer. I waited a long time for this. I'll give you exactly what you deserve, all of you," he said.

"All you girls who rejected me, looked down upon me, you know, treated me like scum while you gave yourselves to other men.

"And all of you men for living a better life than me, all of you sexually active men. I hate you. I hate all of you. I can't wait to give you exactly what you deserve, annihilation."

You don't think that he was mentally ill? It was only about women, sex?

"All my life".. Is he referring also to the hatred of his step-mother perhaps. And he was angry also at men, for having the pleasure of sex. The girls he saw and were fixated on were all with a partner that he deemed didn't have his looks, his personality, they were un-attractive or losers not him, he was awesome.

He talked about cutting of the heads of the people he intended to kill in his apartment that he did kill and roll them down the street.

He had 3 registered guns. Who gives a 22 year old 3 guns? IKD there would be alarm bells wouldn't there if someone wanted to purchase 3? They have to be registered. Yet the police felt that was ok, they interviewed him, he stood outside his door, they didn't ask to go in, had they had done so, they would have seen his 140 page script, he had already written it, he goes on to say "that day" it could have all been over, had they had gone inside. They reported a "nice young man" seemed fine to them. Intelligent and quiet.

At one stage he got terribly irate because one girl was with an Indian, and, not him.

He was 5ft 5 apparently. What kid at 7 feels he's too short? Do kids really tease 7 year olds over height? And, so he dyed his hair at 7.

It seems the only thing he didn't do that he stated he was going to do, was to kill his half brother and step-mother.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
if he had gotten just one mercy **** this likely would not have happened

She would have left him. Intuition would have set in. He thought he was a God, he had an ego, he had no social skills, he hid behind a computer for the most part and for the rest driving his car sighting the beauty of "Earth" and stalking golf parks to capture couples kissing.

She would have left him. And, when she did, more than likely like any human being, she would have ended up with another partner.

Either scenarios would have triggered him off, either one of them.

" I finally get a girl and she f's off with another guy the s..ut, all I wanted was love, to be loved, to love back " ..... and off he would have gone with his mind into the reason why all women must die.
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
God you are so sick...Did you see this kid's videos? I watched it yesterday and today. This kid was clearly mentally unstable and also misogynistic, racially prejudiced, and he was clearly a narcissistic individual on so many levels.
oralloy

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:13 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
You don't think that he was mentally ill? It was only about women, sex?

Are you asking me or ossobuco?

In any case, that is indeed my thinking. And I think that if he had been pointed towards starting a relationship with a nice Aspie girl instead of pining for non-Aspies, all of this could have been avoided.

It's a shame he didn't start one of those "relationships threads" here on A2K. I would have given him that very advice if I'd seen it.

FOUND SOUL wrote:
He had 3 registered guns. Who gives a 22 year old 3 guns?

Gives? A very nice person. Presumably though he had to buy them himself.

FOUND SOUL wrote:
IKD there would be alarm bells wouldn't there if someone wanted to purchase 3?

No. Why would there be? There is nothing wrong with buying multiple guns.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:15 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Whatever did I say that made you ask me that?

Of course he was mentally ill. Please reread my posts.

The mental health system here is pretty fractured, which involves the suffering mentally ill, their families, the suffering mentally ill on the streets, people trying to help, much agony.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso, I simply replied to the person above me, instead of finding my last post and talking to myself:)
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:19 pm
I'm sorry but there are plenty of men when who never get laid and are depressed but don't go around killing people. This kid was making a manifesto in a freaking BMW, he also made subsequent videos of him referring to himself as the "ultimate gentleman." He clearly had delusions of grandeur, and on top of that he is continuously placing blame on everyone else except himself. His mental illness does not exempt him from responsibility nor empathy. There are a lot of people with clinical depression that walk around not wanting to hurt people.

I'm more in mourning over the victims than some idiot kid who decided to take vengeance on innocent people.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:22 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
She would have left him. Intuition would have set in. He thought he was a God, he had an ego, he had no social skills, he hid behind a computer for the most part and for the rest driving his car sighting the beauty of "Earth" and stalking golf parks to capture couples kissing.

She would have left him. And, when she did, more than likely like any human being, she would have ended up with another partner.

Either scenarios would have triggered him off, either one of them.

" I finally get a girl and she f's off with another guy the s..ut, all I wanted was love, to be loved, to love back " ..... and off he would have gone with his mind into the reason why all women must die.

Depends on whether he was after sex or a relationship.

If he was only wanting sex, visits to prostitutes would have served just fine.

If he wanted a relationship, an Aspie girl would not necessarily have left him (though I guess there is always a chance of a relationship not working out).
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:27 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
All I've seen is that he was diagnosed with Asperger's. That's not a mental illness.

?

People with autism or Asperger syndrome are particularly vulnerable to mental health problems such as anxiety and depression, especially in late adolescence and early adult life (Tantam & Prestwood, 1999). Ghaziuddin et al (1998) found that 65 per cent of their sample of patients with Asperger syndrome presented with symptoms of psychiatric disorder.

However, as mentioned by Howlin (1997), "the inability of people with autism to communicate feelings of disturbance, anxiety or distress can also mean that it is often very difficult to diagnose depressive or anxiety states, particularly for clinicians who have little knowledge or understanding of developmental disorders". Similarly, because of their impairment in non-verbal expression, they may not appear to be depressed (Tantam, 1991). This can mean that it is not until the illness is well developed that it is recognised, with possible consequences such as total withdrawal; increased obsessional behaviour; refusal to leave the home, go to work or college etc; and threatened, attempted or actual suicide. Aggression, paranoia or alcoholism may also occur.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:29 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Depends on whether he was after sex or a relationship.

You're talking general oralloy.

Clearly, if you 1) watch the video and 2) read his 140 pages, he states he wants it all, deserves it all, after all he has cool sun-glasses, a BMW and still can't get a girlfriend, hasn't even, ever been kissed. It wasn't about sex, it was about all three, to love, sex, being loved.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:30 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Ok, yah scared me.

I could go on about all this but it's a tangent. My father was in Camarillo (older californians will know it), before his death at a VA hospital. My mother had alzheimer's before the rest of us knew that word. Anyway, I understand the difficulty for even a wealthy family member. We were at many points with zip income off and on, most of the time sans, for years, so I'm not talking about myself as wealthy, but wealth isn't impervious to all this.

On guns, apparently Elliot's father Peter is anti gun too, no details.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Wink Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness, couldn't reply to myself Smile

His Father at an awards night, stated the only bad thing about where he had travelled as a Director was the amount of time he didn't get to spend with his kids.

I think.....It's evident that his Father had an affair, his wife found out, she Divorced him and within 12 weeks or so, the girlfriend moved in. At first Elliot states he thought that was awesome at 6 years of age? That his Father could find a girlfriend so fast... At 6 years of age? They say the intelligence of people with this illness is way beyond us..

It doesn't appear Osso that he was spoilt at all, quite the opposite. His Mother seems to be the one that spoilt him the most and it was her house at her house he enjoyed the most.

I'd understand him a bit more I think, if he was a spoilt brat. But, it seems that whilst the evil step-mother attempted to make him mingle with kids in the neighbour-hood, he didn't want to, couldn't. Attempted to send him over seas to her Country, he hated it and tried to devise a plan to run and miss the plane. He devised that plan after his Father was a step ahead of him thereby setting an alarm on the door, by stating he was going for a short walk first. He hit the corner and turned around and his Father was running after him, shortly followed by the evil step-mother in her car. It seems that at any age, he had plans. He rebelled. He didn't want to be social. But yet, he was so angry that people would not accept him.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:39 pm
@Buttermilk,
I read he also hated the boys/men that all these girls/women did like. A spray of hate built on resentment. I figure he was probably bright in some ways, but don't know.

Someone said here that it might have been allayed if he had had mercy sex, but -
who of us does that?
oralloy

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:41 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
People with autism or Asperger syndrome are particularly vulnerable to mental health problems such as anxiety and depression, especially in late adolescence and early adult life (Tantam & Prestwood, 1999). Ghaziuddin et al (1998) found that 65 per cent of their sample of patients with Asperger syndrome presented with symptoms of psychiatric disorder.

However, as mentioned by Howlin (1997), "the inability of people with autism to communicate feelings of disturbance, anxiety or distress can also mean that it is often very difficult to diagnose depressive or anxiety states, particularly for clinicians who have little knowledge or understanding of developmental disorders". Similarly, because of their impairment in non-verbal expression, they may not appear to be depressed (Tantam, 1991). This can mean that it is not until the illness is well developed that it is recognised, with possible consequences such as total withdrawal; increased obsessional behaviour; refusal to leave the home, go to work or college etc; and threatened, attempted or actual suicide. Aggression, paranoia or alcoholism may also occur.

That says that people with Asperger's can also have a mental illness, not that Asperger's itself is a mental illness.

And even with people who do have a mental illness, they only lose their right to carry a gun if they have been involuntarily committed by a court of law.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:43 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
You're talking general oralloy.

That's because I don't know which he desired.

FOUND SOUL wrote:
Clearly, if you 1) watch the video and 2) read his 140 pages, he states he wants it all, deserves it all, after all he has cool sun-glasses, a BMW and still can't get a girlfriend, hasn't even, ever been kissed. It wasn't about sex, it was about all three, to love, sex, being loved.

I'm not going to try to download that video through my dial-up connection. I have not read the 140 page thing, though that is at least possible on dial-up.

If it was a relationship that he desired, he and an Aspie girl could have been very happy together.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:48 pm
@ossobuco,
He was also apparently racist, see the following he posted on a website:

In a January message titled “Saw a black guy sitting with 4 white girls,” he wrote:

"Today I drove through the area near my college and saw some things that were extremely rage-inducing.
I passed by this restaurant and I saw this black guy chilling with 4 hot white girls. He didn’t even look good.
Then later on in the day I was shopping at Trader Joe’s and saw an Indian guy with 2 above average White Girls!!!
What rage-inducing sights did you guys see today? Don’t you just hate seeing these things when you go out? It just makes you want to quit life."

That same month, when an Asian poster asked if wearing certain shoes would help him attract women, Rodger responded:

"Shoes won’t help you get white girls. White girls are disgusted by you, silly little Asian."

After the Asian man posted photos of himself posing with a white girl, Rodger wrote:

"Full Asian men are disgustingly ugly and white girls would never go for you. You’re just butthurt that you were born as an asian piece of ****, so you lash out by linking these fake pictures. You even admit that you wish you were half white. You’ll never be half-white and you’ll never fulfill your dream of marrying a white woman. I suggest you jump off a bridge."

As SPLC reported, Puahate’s website was taken down early Saturday morning after a message went up that read, “Puahate is about to get a massive amount of press.”

See: http://www.mediaite.com/online/ucsb-shooter-elliot-rodger-posted-racist-messages-on-puahate-website/

From what I've heard Rodger is half Malaysian so it seems the plot thickens! Not only does he have a complex, he also had some self-hatred.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 03:59 pm
@Buttermilk,
Hence why he asked to dye his hair at 7 years of age. I would suggest that he started to get bullied from that age about being 1/2 Asian.

If not, why would you change your hair to blonde. At 7....

https://www.facebook.com/Coliniseleven

Rodger liked this page. I imagine he wished that was him and that his Mother did that for him back then.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 04:19 pm
@Buttermilk,
Thanks, I hadn't seen that, showing more re his hate . Paraphrasing my take of his view re the black guy and four women, "even a black guy can get women but I can't.
edit - your quote is also helpful re the self hate going on seemingly early.

I want to talk about height. Maybe that is related to anti asian? self..

I read social stuff in news venues sometimes, just so I don't lose complete contact with earth at my age, and one of the key things on, say, the Washington Post's Date Lab (how to waste time reading) is that women seem to prefer men taller than they are. I don't personally get this at all.

There I was in chem lab and had been having conversations with the smartass guy across the two row lab table, and he walked me back to the student union after class one day and asked me out (was that the time we went to see Coltrane?) Anyway, he was my first lover, very well remembered and still admired re his life since me - he taught me so much: about art, poetry, literature, politics/religion, music, sex, and love. He was 5' 3"; I was a hair short of 5' 6".

I guess liking tall is some atavistic response, but I doubt it is so across the board. Or broad.

Anyway, this Elliot guy had an I am short problem very young and he wasn't helped out of that, it seems.

1. Forums
  2. » Elliot Rodger
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:24:25