What IT careers pay well?

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 02:29 am
I'd like some statistics on average salaries for IT careers. I study computer sciences and would like to know what I have in store for me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,535 • Replies: 3
No top replies

fishin

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 07:52 am
You might look here: http://www.vault.com/careertopics/350/cthome_350.jsp?ch_id=350 for a bit of comparison.

The ranges vary widely so it isn't easy to put a tag on any specific option within IT for any given location.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:36 am
Another place to look is www.salary.com although that's not IT-specific. And, you can check with unemployment in your state (in Massachusetts, it's called the Division of Employment and Training); they sometimes have stats although they don't necessarily list all of the possible occupations in IT, since those keep changing.
0 Replies

Mental Wanderer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 05:00 pm
IT Careers that pay well
Look for job sub-sectors that are not easily moved off-shore. Ask yourself this: can the job I'm aiming for really be done by telephone or over the 'net? If it can, it's going to India.

Examples of things that are going south (southern hemisphere, that is): programming, web development, help desk, and many aspects of training. Things that can't easily be exported are project management, supervisory jobs, hardware service, and not much else.
0 Replies