I Want to Call CPS (Child Protective Services) on My Family?

Thu 8 May, 2014 08:06 pm
Okay, how to start this off. Hi! I'm 14 years old, and I'm going through an extremely stressful time and could use advice of what to do. I was never enrolled in school. At 14 I have very little education. I couldn't read properly till I was about 10. The only friends I have live in other states, and the only way I can speak to them is through the internet. I have no friends I know that I can turn to in real life, and I'm extremely lonely and depressed. I was always sheltered, too, I hardly leave the house, and I'm so shy that I've self diagnosed myself with social anxiety. I've never been to a doctor or dentist before, and I'm extremely paranoid about my mental and physical health because of this. My mother refuses to take me because she doesn't want to get in trouble for not taking me before, and not having any records. I've always been extremely concerned for my future, too. Not having an education, and all. I had intended to keep quiet about this for the rest of my life, but I just don't think I can do it anymore. I'm becoming suicidal because of it all. I feel so hopeless and futureless that I just am at my breaking point. I told only a few of my out of state friends, and they all encouraged me to call CPS and get taken out of here. But I have so many questions and concerns that I can't get answered, and it's making me suicidal. Thinking if I just kill myself, I don't need to make this choice of "call CPS and screw your family over" or "don't call CPS and screw yourself over." I just don't know where else to turn now. I've tried to get answers to the things I'm concerned about, but all I ever read when I try to research it is stuff about how CPS is horrible, and how foster homes are horrible, and so on. So now I'm extremely torn, you see. I don't know what to do. I wouldn't know how to explain this to CPS. I just don't know... Some of the questions about CPS I have are: what is the whole process like? are foster homes really that bad? would I be able to use my computer still? (because without my online friends I have no one, and I would become extremely depressed without them) what would happen to my other siblings? what would happen to my parents? My brother is in his 20's and also has no education. He still lives with us and is extremely depressed. My 6 year old sister though /was/ put in school, and is so far living a normal life. I just don't know what to do. I really don't want to screw my whole family over just because I decided to do this.

Sorry for the loooooooong post. I'm just so stressed and depressed lately that I really don't know where to go, and just... really need help. Thank you if you actually read this far. Also, I live in Nevada if that makes any type of difference with the whole legal thing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,911 • Replies: 13
Topic Closed
No top replies

glitterbag

Thu 8 May, 2014 08:38 pm
@Chrixonix,
I hope you are telling the truth because this sounds like a horrendous situation and it's possible many people will be anxious to help you. If you need help, people here will try to do their best. I actually hope this is a hoax, because it sounds dire.

How did you meet friends in other states?
bobsal u1553115

Thu 8 May, 2014 08:40 pm
@glitterbag,
My bat sense kinda started to tingle, too.
glitterbag

Thu 8 May, 2014 08:50 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Bob, some children do live in pathetic circumstances, I really hope this isn't one of those situations. But if it is, I'll try to help, I just don't want to get jerked around emotionally.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 8 May, 2014 08:55 pm
@glitterbag,
Agreed. I'm going to pay attention and read everything.
0 Replies

Ragman

Thu 8 May, 2014 09:02 pm
@Chrixonix,
This post has zero credibility. Not only is this post a fraud but it's a shameless fraud. It is not written with the voice and maturity level of a 14-yr-old. If you're as shy as you wrote, then how is it that nothing in your post indicates this level of shyness?

Please explain how you are you able to write such a text with such a poor level of an education as you claim without making a single typo, barely any grammar mistakes or breaks in either logic or composition. Your punctuation and vocabulary are far too good for what you're claiming. Sorry but you should have dumbed it down some more.

Also, if your parents did as you wrote, they would have been arrested for not educating you and your brother. Liar, liar!
glitterbag

Thu 8 May, 2014 09:20 pm
@Ragman,
You're right, I was skeptical about the idea that someone who learned to read 4 years ago managed to compose this question. My rational stretched out to consider someone else composed this for the 14 year old. Or whoever is posing as a 14 year old. I don't know, I'm skeptical, but open. I really don't have enough life span to expend more energy on fraud.
0 Replies

Chrixonix

Thu 8 May, 2014 09:44 pm
@Ragman,
Okay, lemme try to explain myself. I swear I'm not making any of this up. I know it's a bit hard to believe, but how I learned grammar comes mainly from just taking note of how other people type on the internet. I didn't just INSTANTLY know how to type like this as soon as I got my hands on a laptop. I honestly have too much time on my hands because I hardly leave the house, as I say. I'm on the internet all day. I have no clue WHY my parents aren't in jail already. I don't really know how I can explain myself anymore than I have. I don't exactly know how you expect me to type, even if I am shy. When I'm speaking to people, yeah, I'll probably stutter, completely ignore eye contact, and feel really nervous, but that isn't the same as typing on a computer. I'm sorry you don't believe me.
0 Replies

Chrixonix

Thu 8 May, 2014 09:47 pm
@glitterbag,
I met my friends through the internet on websites like Tumblr and Youtube. Again, I can't really prove that I'm telling the truth, and I know a lot of it might sound suspicious or something, but that's just how my life seems to be. I don't really understand it myself, in complete honesty.
glitterbag

Thu 8 May, 2014 09:58 pm
@Chrixonix,
Do you post videos on YouTube?
Chrixonix

Thu 8 May, 2014 10:10 pm
@glitterbag,
I don't post any videos on Youtube myself, I just used it to PM someone who I've known for 2 years. When I first met them my typing was much, MUCH worse than this, but they're one of the reasons why I can type like I can now.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Thu 8 May, 2014 10:22 pm
@Chrixonix,
Here are some links to answer your questions about what happens when a child protection agency is called. You don't say what state you live in so I can't get more specific with local links.

http://www.childhelp.org/pages/what-happens-when-cps-receives-a-report

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_Protective_Services
Ragman

Thu 8 May, 2014 10:33 pm
@Butrflynet,
He stated he lives in Nevada.
Butrflynet

Thu 8 May, 2014 11:25 pm
@Ragman,
Ah, the very last line of that long post.

OK, here is a link specific to Nevada:

http://www.dcfs.state.nv.us/dcfs_childprotectivesvcs.htm

0 Replies