Interesting piece on female genital mutilation

Wildflower63

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 08:08 pm
Thank you very much! I will do just that.

In reality, the NRA was an example. I do donate cash and any household or clothing item someone else can use. I am not singular with donations, but have to support my own first. I worked for the cash. I decide what I feel is worthy. I don't feel this cause is.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 08:25 pm
Lol! Then, as I said, do not donate!

Of course, had you looked, you would have seen that all you need donate is a moment of your time, to click your mouse. But once again, do as you please!
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 04:25 pm
Dlowan

I mentioned this on the "Irks" thread a while back, and was roundly excoriated for it Confused . Circumcision, Clitoridectomy, the abusive priests, and the "shame"(devaluation) of the victims are logical outgrowths of the Abrahamicly encouraged preoccupation with genitalia.

Whether the Abrahamic preoccupation is merely the reflection of a deeper human preoccupation with sexuality and reproduction or whether it stems from a certain type of personality which wishes to control everything is another question. Mad I suspect the worse and am seldom disappointed Sad

When women are forced to live in a male dominated society, or when children are forced to be supervised by persons with some doubts as to thier own sexuality these abuses will happen.

Need I point out that The Catholic Church, the Islamic "Sharia" and the Abrahamic societies in general are very good examples of a "male dominated society".

These societies are not noted for having a reliance on facts as a cause for action. Sad

Wildflower, It'd sure be nice to be able to help the girls. Wouldn't hurt to ban high school football either while we are at it. Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 10:07 pm
I thought high school football was lesbian only! lol! Actually I think competitive sports should be banned in all schools. I am an RN and know for fact that basic exercise is important in overall health.

Get a few years older and what good is teaching a high school kid how to play basketball? Get real! Individual activity for health only should be taught for health that you take with you for years, not some stupid game with a ball.

This message is coming from a high school drop out that couldn't catch a set of car keys, if my life depended on it, and loved art. No art teacher ever criticized or outcasted any student for not being able to draw anything but a stick person!

Gym teachers aren't so understanding and teach the young lessons in life that undermine self confidence and oust them socially, if they can't or hate playing ball.

Oust Gym Class completely until they wish to teach health that the young can take with them throughout life. Competitive sports should be optional. We really aren't so civilized if this is what is expected to graduate from high school.

You know how I passed gym class? My lesbian (no insult to the gay community, but she was a lesbian) gym teacher chewed me out, threatening to fail me. I was angry. We had floor hockey that day. The last thing in the world a lover of art and screw up at competitive sports wants to do is repeat gym.

I was furious. I had a hockey stick in my had. Everyone figured me to be an easy target. Two girls went right smack in front of me when the puck went my way. It was either perform or repeat gym. I took a swing at the puck, while furious. I broke one of the girl's wrist with my swing, who happened to be on some school team.

Everyone hated me for that one. Get the hell out of the way! Why do you think hockey players have no teeth? I tried to hit the stupid hockey puck coming my way and smack it hard. I didn't mean to hurt anyone, but they figured they could easily get in range of my hockey stick and I would stand there and do nothing, as usual. I hate competitive sports.

After getting chewed by your lesbian gym teacher threatening to fail you am make you repeat this hell called a requirement to graduate, I made a swing. With that one swing, I took out one of their needed school team player. I forget what she played, probably everything!

I passed and was not allowed to participate in competitive sports again. I sucked! It isn't my fault any more than it isn't some jock's fault that they can't draw as I could. It was the teachers fault forcing me to do something I wasn't able to perform, hockey. I was dangerous and proved it, without any ill intent at all.

Get competitive sports out of required classes. This stuff is for morons, not teaching anything useful in life at all.
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 10:11 pm
Wow! That brought back old memories and was really off topic. Sorry!!
0 Replies