Homeschooling and Irony

Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 11:39 pm
@maxdancona,
nearly everything we learn at school is rubbish and all this by design
The children are 'sold' a very very wrong worldview so these children can be easier controlled.

Some of the things they don't tell you at school. Watch yourself reading this and the more you ridicule this the more you are indoctrinated by our schooling.
Be aware, I am not saying you have to agree that;s not my point.
If you can measure how you react and if you start to laugh and saying things like 'that is ridiculous' that is your indoctrination ( programming) talking to you. Start investigate.

9/11 was an inside job
7/7/7 was an inside job
there was no "Biggie Bangie"
There are no 'black holes"
ufo's do exist
free energy does exist
einstein had it all wrong (purposely so)
so time doesn't dilate etc.
Tesla has invented the radio ( not Marconi!) and so much more.
there is no ( maxcro) evolution
The moon is an artificial object
there is enough food for all the people
vaccines are dangerous,
schooling is indoctrination Wink
Big Pharma kills people (obamacare)
There are enough cures for cancer, but they are surpressed.
also enough cures for other diseases.
Physics has nearly everything wrong.( modern science hasn't produced anything!)
all planets of our solar systems are hollow
the earth is hollow
Fluoride poisens you.
there is NO Global warming at all
aspartame makes you sick or kills you.
there are 13 satanic families doing all this
we are ruled from outside this dimension
we are not Beppy or John but infinite consciousness having an experience.

And there is so much more.

Noted your reaction? stiffled by stress now, or by curiosity? Wink

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 11:41 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

... in the United States at least, the point of home schooling is indocrination.

Nonsense.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 11:47 pm
@maxdancona,
Oh, I see now.

You mean't that two people arguing in favor of homeschooling here in this forum believe that the moon was created by humans and that humans lived with dinosaurs.

The originating post suggested otherwise, but surely that wasn't your intent.

I have to hand it you though, a thread unmasking the loony notions of two pro-home-schoolers is a really important issue for honest discussion.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 11:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The people arguing that public education is indoctrinating and hurting kids and that homeschooling is the best way to teach kids, are the same people arguing that the moon is man made and that humans lived with dinosaurs.

where is your data to support this assertion?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 11:50 pm
please watch the first 5 minutes of this. I posted it before but I think not everyone reads all post and this takes very little time

Quote:
Brilliant anti-Common Core Speech by Dr. Duke Pesta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si-kx5-MKSE

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 11:52 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Additionally, in the United States at least, the point of home schooling is indoctrination.

seems to be the point of public education now, so where is the harm? I would rather my kids be indoctrinated with the values of the family over the values of those who control public education any day.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 12:06 am
http://harmonicmama.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/rtn.jpg
Quote:
I can’t really remember the last time I just went outside and ran around
We do whatever it takes to get an A
When I had kids, I didn’t think that the only time I’d see them was for 20 minutes at dinner
These kids are so overscheduled and tired … I’m afraid that our children are going to sue us for stealing their childhoods
We want the best for them [so] we put pressure on them to be what we want them to be
[All of this pressure] ends up turning kids into little professionals
I figured out that not eating gave me more energy … but it still wasn’t enough to get everything done
My school principal told me [when I tried to return from a treatment facility for anorexia and anxiety] that she didn’t want the teachers to have to worry about me – I was too much of a distraction for them [and other students]
We lose boys because they tune out and we lose girls to depression
The countries that outperform us on international tests actually give less homework than we do in the United States
At what point did it become okay for schools to dictate how we spend our lives after the bell rings? [regarding homework]
Parents need to educate themselves that homework isn’t going to make their students any smarter
When American kids encounter questions [on international assessments that don’t look like what they’re used to from their rote practice], they fall apart
These tests that they do so horrible on – they don’t test my kids on the curriculum, they test them on their culture and their culture isn’t represented on the tests
I tell my [urban] students that learning is power – to do whatever you want to do in life, you have to be a learner and you have to care – that is not what the district wants from me as a teacher
If we forget this [question] or do a different one, then we’re going to get in trouble and we’ll lose 5 minutes of recess [4th grader]
Your 6–month-old is supposed to be sucking on his toes and thumbs, not doing flashcards
[Students say] ‘The teacher doesn’t care – it’s just busy work – why CAN’T I just copy my homework?’
The point of education is to learn, not memorize
It’s impossible to cover all of the material for the AP course in one year. Literally impossible.
After my daughter passed her AP French exam, she said, “I never have to speak French again.”
So much of [kids’] time is structured. The only unstructured time they seem to have is the time they spend on the computer.
What’s happening these days is that kids aren’t getting a chance to find out what they love to do.
They’re 4 or 8 [years old] and they’re resume-building
Parents say ‘My child is a good kid.’ No, they were a good performer. You never found out if they were a good kid. You just know they’re a good student, not a good solid kid.
I stopped trying because if you don’t try, you can’t fail.
I think that success in America is measured by how much money you make, not how happy you are in your life
The environment and culture are so competitive that kids don’t feel like they can ever let people see their true selves
If you’ve always had As, there’s only one way to go and that’s down, so that B feels like a failure
We need to redefine success for kids … We have to get off this treadmill together. [We have to discuss] what does it take to create a happy, motivated, creative human being?
http://dangerouslyirrelevant.org/2011/01/i-really-liked-race-to-nowhere.html
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 12:18 am
@hawkeye10,
Good point. I was going to go there but felt that "nonsense" was the only reply the comment deserved.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 12:56 am
oh mye oh mye

Quote:
Common Core: 3 * 4 = 11 is okay - Longer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW0VxxoCrNo
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 01:03 am
Quote:
Proof Common Core Is Killing Common Sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x2ZyXWHeMw
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 01:11 am
4th Grade Common Core Math Problem Takes 108 Steps to Complete

http://truthstreammedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/common-core-absurd-math.jpg

http://truthstreammedia.com/4th-grade-common-core-math-problem-takes-108-steps-to-complete/
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:07 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

9/11 was an inside job
7/7/7 was an inside job
there was no "Biggie Bangie"
There are no 'black holes"
ufo's do exist
free energy does exist
einstein had it all wrong (purposely so)
so time doesn't dilate etc.
Tesla has invented the radio ( not Marconi!) and so much more.
there is no ( maxcro) evolution
The moon is an artificial object
there is enough food for all the people
vaccines are dangerous,
schooling is indoctrination Wink
Big Pharma kills people (obamacare)
There are enough cures for cancer, but they are surpressed.
also enough cures for other diseases.
Physics has nearly everything wrong.( modern science hasn't produced anything!)
all planets of our solar systems are hollow
the earth is hollow
Fluoride poisens you.
there is NO Global warming at all
aspartame makes you sick or kills you.
there are 13 satanic families doing all this
we are ruled from outside this dimension
we are not Beppy or John but infinite consciousness having an experience.

Group psychosis?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:11 am
@farmerman,
Hey, aspartame does f*ck you up. Are you a shill for the Food Industry?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:12 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh and there is enough food for all people. The problem is in distribution.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:15 am
Usually homeschooled kids often do very well in basics. However,that comes at a price of having a lot of the parents idiocies and psychoses transferred to their offspring .

Ive watched "Creationist taught homeschooled kids", try to compete in science derbies and fairs . They are often creatively and socially stunted .
Our schools do need major help. We seem to attend more concern on the "Art of teaching" than we do the subjects being taught.
We still hve among the best universities on the planet but I don't know how long that's going to last as the Asian countries rediscover thir own home abilities.
We need to stop the infernal worshipping of the "teaching certificate" and , instead, focus on having teachers be actual practitioners of theor subject. SCience teachers who are actually scientists, and history teachers who are actual historians. Like we have it in our best universities, we should be doing it in our primary and secondary ed.
The best schooling still appears to be parochial (except the Fundamentalist schools. They are just a waste of PVT)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:33 am
@farmerman,
And students in public education are at the mercy of the idiocies and psychoses of their teachers.

Not every homeschooling parent is teaching their kids that the planet is 6,000 years old, and as much as I agree that those who do so are feeding their kids, nonsense, unless you wish to pursue a career in academia, believing the nonsense isn't going to ensure you a spot in a box on Skid Row.

farmerman

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:44 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yes but that "6000 year old idocy" expands into chemistry , biology, history, and often civics.

I don't disagree that pub chool teachers are flawed,(my biggest concern is their group incompetency in thir subjcts).
Id been chair of an NSF "High school teacher science literacy
in-service program a lmost 2 decades ago and I was appaled at how chem teachers didn't know chem (except a few who were the "gifted ones who understood thr sciences".
These kinds of gifted teachers are in a vast minority.

I think that theres a small but quite active and well funded group of folks who fear public school the most. They have these fears of diversity and equality (basically the stuff that's in the preamble to
our Constitution) .
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:51 am
@farmerman,
Unless you have some evidence to prove your thought about the homeschooling cabal, it's just an opinion, which is fine.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:55 am
@farmerman,
I have in years past, worked (and not on garbage skows) with people who defined themselves as Creationists. I did my best not to engage them on the subject, and they did their jobs very well and were quite pleasant to work with. They were certainly not stunted religious zealots skulking in the shadows.
farmerman

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 12:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Christian-based materials dominate a growing home-school education market that encompasses more than 1.5 million students in the U.S. And for most home-school parents, a Bible-based version of the Earth's creation is exactly what they want. Federal statistics from 2007 show 83% of home-schooling parents want to give their children "religious or moral instruction."

"The majority of home-schoolers self-identify as evangelical Christians," said Ian Slatter, a spokesman for the Home School Legal Defense Association. "Most home-schoolers will definitely have a sort of creationist component to their home-school program."

Those who don't, however, often feel isolated and frustrated from trying to find a textbook that fits their beliefs.

Two of the best-selling biology textbooks stack the deck against evolution, said some science educators who reviewed sections of the books at the request of The Associated Press.

"I feel fairly strongly about this. These books are promulgating lies to kids," said Jerry Coyne, an ecology and evolution professor at the University of Chicago.

As you can see it affects several other basic science views. The upshot is that science "denial" is a growing industry . Imagine the gungas of the world teaching their kids dumb headed stuff about genetics. That then goes down to chemistry bonding theory and vidence, and then such basivc things as Conservation of energy nd radioisotopes.
Its a stairway , not an isolated point of study "lost in shadows"