Urban Legend Help

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:38 pm
Hi.

Need some help. For my research class, I need to create an urban legend. However, I have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any ideas they could spare for an urban legend?

If anyone is thinking that all I should do is copy another legend, I did think of this Embarrassed however, my teacher already warned the class not to do so as she would find out somehow.

Thanks for any help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,226 • Replies: 7
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:49 pm
Oh, cool!

Well, first think of a common fear. That's the basis of most urban legends. A "what if?"

Maybe base it on AIDS or STDs. That's a common fear. Like, a crazy person has been injecting active (er, some kind of STD that would survive) cells into condom packages! Yeah. So if you use that condom, the CONDOM could give you an STD!! It happened to my mother's friend's hairdresser's cousin! Really!

You get the idea.

It has to be somewhat plausible, though. Details are good (i.e. lubricated condoms.)
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:32 pm
Politcs is a good urban legend - such as "President Bush wears no underwear" (oops, that one is true Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Razz )

If you want to check it out to make sure it hasn't been used before, go to:

www.snopes.com
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:36 pm
Man gets penis caught in mousetrap!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:39 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20537
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:48 pm
C'mon, this is easy.

Drinking Gatorade has been proven to shrink your testicles. There is food coloring in Gatorade that has been linked to decreasing natural testosterone levels in men, leading to shrinking testicles. There is no word whether this side effect is reversible, yet.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:49 pm
That's a good one, Slappy! Laughing
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 02:15 pm
I heard that the other way around. As a result of all the Gatorade that jocks drink, their testosterone levels rise. This is a partial explanation of why so many pro sports figures get into trouble. The night that the boxer bit off the ear of his opponent, he had drank too much Gadorade. Using that as a defense, the charges were dismissed. Olympic officials are debating whether to disqualify those athletes who test for high levels of gatorade.

The reason most people have never heard of these terrible side-effects is that the producers of gatorade have been making very large contributions to leaders of both political parties, and they donated over 10000 cases of Gatorade to the troops in Iraq. So far its only a rumor, but some say that Congress is getting ready to investigate the possible connection between Gatorade consumption and the recent torture scandal in that Iraqi prison.
0 Replies