firewall getting bombarded

littlek

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 05:56 pm
I am being barraged by entities trying to get past my firewall. Normally, I don't see more than 1 or 2 queries sent by the firewall, but in the last 5 minutes I've had 8 or 9 pop-ups ask if I wanted to allow a connection.

Is there a reason for this?

Thanks for your answers!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 713 • Replies: 5
No top replies

fishin

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:07 pm
Are these pop-ups coming from the firewall application itself? If so it just means that it's something new to the firewall. Once you tell it to block them you won't see the popups again.

If the pop-ups aren't from your firewall app then your firewall isn't blocking them at all and umm.. knowing your setup I'd guess one of your neighbors is using your wireless network. Wink Not that someone like me would send pop-ups to someone after hacking their wireless network of course. Very Happy
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:40 pm
Might be the sasser worm with infected puters probin' your ports.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 08:40 pm
It's the firewall that's sending the queries (allow or disallow?). It stopped now. It was just aweird few minutes. Constant popping up.

Thanks guys.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:59 pm
Unless you are sure that a connection request is the legitimate one from your intended program, you should decline the connection through a new port.
You should select the highest security level of the firewall you have, for the moment at least.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 09:05 am
I've been saying no to everything. I ran a virus scan, it came up negative.

I'm also having slow-loading pages. The window pops up for a new page and then it takes forever to load the actual info. Meanwhile I can erase the old page, under the new window, by moving the new window over it. A2K seems to be immune to this problem.
0 Replies