Clive Bundy, exempt from taxes?

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 12:56 pm
Out of curiosity, why do I have to pay taxes if Clive Bundy, cattle rancher in Nevada, doesn't pay grazing fees on federal land. Why should everyone else's federal taxes be stretched to cover his expenses. I'm pretty sure this is the type of infringement that would ignite range wars when the property was privately owned.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,326 • Replies: 6
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 12:58 pm
@glitterbag,
I wonder if he doesn't recognize the federal government, when was the last time Clive Bundy actually paid his federal income tax as well. I bet he owes far more then that $1 million in grazing fees.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 01:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
His view oof other races is breathtaking as well. He's 67 and looks like 87, which might be because of hard work out doors. I admire hard work, but I'm not happy paying to feed his cattle.
roger

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 01:46 pm
@glitterbag,
It would be interesting if say Conoco - Phillips followed the same legal theory in regard to oil & gas projects on BLM or National Forest land.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 02:05 pm
@roger,
The Federal Government made a tactical error by trying to confiscate the cattle that was grazing illegally. The Government had every right to do so, however the idea of a gunfight on the range wasn't going to be the answer. I find it irritating to know that if I flat refused to pay taxes my property could be confiscated and I could spend time in federal prison. Bundy and crew threatened federal employees with guns. These idiots were hoping for a shoot out. One of the bearded tax cheats informed one reporter on camera that they planned to put the women in front in case shooting because it would really look bad if women were injured. The last time I checked, it doesn't make a difference which gender is holding a gun, it can still be lethal.

Big oil companies hire lawyers to plead their case, delay paying fines and concoct every thing they can to avoid paying what they owe. Normally, Big Oil doesn't hire armed defense forces to hold off Government enforcement.

This issue should be handled in the courts, not by gunfire.

Bottom line, Bundy expects the American people to feed his cattle to improve his bottom line. That makes him a free loader, not a patriot.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 02:38 pm
Next year I want to list Bundy as a dependent.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 10:02 am
If you are reading this thread, please check out edgarblythe's thread:

Modern Nevada Range War

http://able2know.org/topic/240876-1

The discussion is more interesting and diverse, and this seems to at a dead end.
0 Replies