New Monitor - problems with horizontal, ie blinking/shaky

merstar

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 11:46 pm
Hello all,

My monitor blew out, and I just bought a new one, a Samsung LCD. Vertically, everything's fine, but when I navigate left to right or vice versa, it shakes and blinks. My old one, which was not an LCD, had a slightly jerky motion when going horizontally, but it was not as severe, ie, it was not shaking or blinking, and therefore, was much easier to read. Looks like this needs to be returned, but just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this problem? Someone on another site suggested it may not be the fault of the monitor, but that it could be a video card problem. Any ideas? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,036 • Replies: 2
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 10:10 am
Visit your video card vendor's website and see if there are updated drivers available for your card/Operating System configuration. That's usually a good place to start.
0 Replies

merstar

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:30 pm
I looked for updates on this driver, (SIS-530), but found nothing, which figures - I have a $&*%^_$^()+$^!*&$#@* IBM Aptiva, which should be shot and put out of its misery. Thanks anyway!
0 Replies