0

Camel Spiders in Iraq

shewolfnm

0  
Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 01:40 pm
Chuck Norris !!!

because hes white..

Izzie

1  
Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:24 pm
Holy crap - that is one .... two .... mean looking ....ers - spiders

Sheesh - I feel ugh now. Knew I shouldn't have looked when I saw the S word! Shocked

1  
Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 04:19 pm
In the African sub sahara, the locals enjoy camel spider and grub roasts. The camel spiders taste a little like crab when roasted in a clay bowl over cooking coals. How we get our protein is often more a function of what were used to. I wouldnt touch English sausages cause they are full of stuff that only Mr Bloom would enjoy.

wimarine88

2  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 09:46 pm
@kickycan,
All of these statements are false. I have been in Iraq (Marine Corps, LCpl Brockman). The spider can run fast, but nowhere near 25kph. The only reason it will run towards you is to get in the shade. Some are capable of making a "hissing" or "buzzing sound". Scientists have proven that the spiders have no venom, nor do they inject any numbing agents. They lay their eggs in the sand, not in a camels belly. They are strictly predators to small creatures, such as mice and enjoy moths and scorpions.

mushou89

1  
Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 09:55 pm
all of what this guy is saying is all false they run up to 10 mph yes they do jump 3 ft but they do not eat ppl they will bite ppl if u startle them or provoke them they are not poisonous and yes thier bites do hurt. they do not climb into a camels belly and consume it, instead the only reason why they are called the "camel" spider is because they appear to have a hump on thier back like a camel.and they are nocternal. the only reason they chase ppl is to stay in thier shadeand they do hate light. they can grow to about 6-8 inches long. and the camel spider is aka wind scorpions or sun scorpions and thier scientific names are either solpugids or solifugids. and they are scorpions in fact and nature. they also have "claws", if u will, like scorpions.  they are in the arachnida family like the scorpion. so if you plan on posting something try to make it more fact and not fake and ruin the camel spider's reputation!